Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOOT!!! RS6 seats installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 04:13 AM
1st Gear
Default WOOT!!! RS6 seats installed!!!

I sourced a set of front and rear OEM RS6 seats from a RS6 owner who upgraded to the Euro Recaro seats. Actually noticed that I went the whole month of June without doing anything to my car...odd...

Anyway, I had these in my basement for several weeks, waiting for some time and parts to finish the install. The original owner took off the seatbelt tensioner (the buckle) as well as the wires that went with those. I bought new tensioners/buckles, which ran only about $100. I then had to re-wire the tensioner connector under the seat, which required a makeshift pin-out tool. In the end, I have a nice set of seats in the car. Just missing the extra 150 ponies :PPP

Here are a few pics...

The logo...it is embossed, not embroidered

The piping on the headrest

The piping on the seat bottom

The passenger seat done...

The driver seat now swapped out

The rear seat

In reality, the rear seat is the true reason I wanted to do this swap. The 4.2 rear seat has that "bucket style" and it was nearly impossible for me to buckle the shoulder strap for my son in his booster seat without some pushing and shoving. I was in the market for a flat rear sport seat, and landed this set for about the price a recycler was going to charge for the rear sport seat from a 2.7T alone.

So, next project is the RS6 side skirts, which just arrived from the UK. SCored those a few weeks ago on eBay UK for less than half price! It's like Christmas all over again!!!

Old 07-20-2006, 06:29 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: WOOT!!! RS6 seats installed!!!

Nice well done
Def inprovemnt over the rear buckets
Nice to have the RS6 engine under the hood aswell - only a thought
hehe