Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrecked my A6 - Need advice about scraping or parting out

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 07:49 PM
1st Gear
Default Wrecked my A6 - Need advice about scraping or parting out

I wrecked my 1998 Audi A6 quattro on Sunday night. &amp\\;nbsp\\; The left front wheen smacked a curb pretty hard and actually broke the wheel off. The airbags deployed, messing up the sterring wheel and dash board.&amp\\;nbsp\\; Also the oil fileter was knocked crooked and leaked oil.&lt\\;br&gt\\;&lt\\;br&gt\\;There is no damage to the body of the car. I’m wondering about what can be salvaged from the car. It has 94,000 miles on it and was in great shape. The interior (leather) is in great condition, the heated seats work, the radio is still working great.. I know the head lights (projector xenon) are pretty pricey too.&amp\\;nbsp\\; It also had the tiptronic transmission that was replaced 30,000 miles ago so it should be worth something.&amp\\;nbsp\\; Oh, it has the 2.8L enigine..&lt\\;br&gt\\;&lt\\;br&gt\\;I’m looking for advice as to what wouldbe the best option for me. Should I just take it to a junk yard or is it worth parting out? I live in South East Pennsylvania (Lancaster County). If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:20 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Wrecked my A6 - Need advice about scraping t or parting out

im pretty sure you will be able to get some good money for some parts, like the xenon al least a good 200 bucks for em
bumbers and radio should bring in a deacent buck, also other stuff

Old 06-03-2008, 09:20 PM
1st Gear

I would deff. not take it to the yards. At the most they'll give you $100. I know my buddy owns one on Passyunk Ave in Philly its called, Matthews. I would try to part it out yourself. Do you have full coverage insurance. If so, they will make the decision as to fix or scrap it. If you settle you have to release the car to them.

Another option is to start posting parts on here, craigslist, etc. Parting out the Doors, hood, decklid, engine, and trans should get you a pretty penny. Thats what I would do. It may be sort of a hussle aat times. It is a great alternative if you do not have the benefit of the insurance companies on your side.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:32 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the replies! The car did not have collision on it so the damage is all on me. I'm thinking about buying a 2000 GTI GLX that has high mileage for $3000. I might be able to get most of that by parting out the car.

I'll try Craigslist and posting here and in other forums. The hardest part would be shipping the pieces.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:52 PM
1st Gear

heck ill buy the 5 cd changer if u have one lol

Old 06-04-2008, 12:10 AM
1st Gear

I'd def. say you should try to part out the car yourself. Since you said it was only the front end, a lot of other parts are still salvageable. Either part it our yourself or try to sell the parts on ebay and etc. You'll probably get more than what you would if you just give the car to a scraper.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:24 AM
2nd Gear

I'd fix it. Find a front corner at a junkyard. Look for the airbags on ebay. Then you can sell it for more than you would get parting it out. The A6 community is not a large DIY club like the S4 community so the parts will be hard to move. On the other hand, there were enough A6's around that the parts shouldn't be too hard to find.

Otherwise, cherry pick some parts off then drag it to a junkyard.

Bob

Old 06-04-2008, 08:30 AM
1st Gear

What colour is it? I have a silver'01 and would like to replace the hood and grill...

Old 06-04-2008, 11:25 AM
1st Gear

it is a dark bkue

Old 06-04-2008, 11:42 AM
1st Gear

Why don't you just fix it? Sounds like less than 3k worth of damage.

Quick Reply: Wrecked my A6 - Need advice about scraping or parting out