Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet another Newcomer

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 05:10 PM
1st Gear
Default Yet another Newcomer

I just traded in my 99 A4 that I bought with way too many miles from an owner who beat the crap out of it. I was definitely the dumb college kid who wasted away a lot of money repairing a car I shouldn't have bought. Now that I am a working manI got rid of the problem car andpicked up a 2001 A6 2.7t last night. Ithas 50k, in great condition and Iplan on chipping it this weekend.Iam drooling over the thought of gaining 70 hp in 20 min.Hopefully I can get the TBB and DV's replaced soon too. When I got the A4 I thought it was a smooth ride, but damn the A6 is amazing. The car just flows. Looking forward to chatting it up on the board with fellow enthusiasts.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:38 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Yet another Newcomer

congrats on the new purchase! Let me know how the chipping goes. Still trying to find info on why such a big gain. I'm searching!!

Old 12-06-2007, 10:11 PM
2nd Gear

Congrats, great car, needs TLC but rides so good and I think it looks good great too, better than the new A6, which is more... common. Make sure you maintain it religiously at a good AUDI specialized indy shop. YOu will LOVE the chip, just amazing how $500 change the car! The torque is addictive, feels like a V8... deep! YOU'll get the mod bug Definitely get a SMACO TBB or APR bipipe and N710 DV's.
Post pics of the beast!

Old 12-07-2007, 10:43 AM
1st Gear

I will try to get some pics up as soon as I can. Should the TBB and DV's be replaced right after chipping or is it ok to wait a month or so?Is the APR Bipipeworth the extra bucks over theSamco TBB? To me it looks likethe APR is amore efficient redesignof the system. Instead ofonly a superior part replacement from Samco. I already have the mod bug, and luckily for me one of my friends just finished with the Audi Tech school so I will be able to get a lot of free checkups from him.

And speaking of maintenance i will start a new thread for my next question if I can't find it in a search.

Last night was the first time I finally got it out on the road without traffic and sloppy roads. DAMN!!! I am actually scared of what chipping it will do... Next purchase after the chip isdefinitely going to be a radar detector.

Old 12-07-2007, 12:46 PM
2nd Gear

A month is probably fnie but you really never know.
I personally liek the APR bipipe product betetr but most think it is over kill and too much $$$, Thery are on sale now though! YOu can get a APR Bipipe and N710Dvs on sale at ECS TUning

Old 12-07-2007, 12:53 PM
2nd Gear

Congrats on the new Audi. Sexy little beasts aren't they. Especially with your modable turbo 2.7!! Enjoy

Old 12-07-2007, 12:56 PM

Welcome and congrats.
I'm hooked on A6's. I'm a tall guy (6'4") and an A4 is a little too small. The A8 is a little too "plush" and too expensive. I think my wife is leaning towards us too (she's a BMW fan).

Old 12-07-2007, 01:30 PM
1st Gear

Thanks guys. The size in the cabin is much better than the A4. I don't know how we ever fit 5 people in mine...

I think I am definitely going to go with the APR bipipe. I believe the air flow would be more efficient since there are two less linkages that won't be able to disrupt the flow. Overkill?I don't believe in it. Might as well grab them while they are on sale, and APR has a deal on chipping programs too... I guesssince Ihave spent soo much money this month, what is another 1200 gonna do? ha I wish it was that easy