Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YOU LIKE THESE RIMS????

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 03:29 PM
1st Gear
Default YOU LIKE THESE RIMS????

hey i have a m,ing blue 2000 a6 2.7T and am thinkin of gettin these rims....... good call or not???????

Old 07-03-2007, 03:33 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: YOU LIKE THESE RIMS????

I like the look! What size are you going with?

OOOO

Old 07-03-2007, 03:40 PM
1st Gear

i think 19"s but im hearing 18"s might be less of a hassel.... what do you think??

Old 07-03-2007, 04:40 PM
1st Gear

I have 19's on mine and love it. There is drawbacks....mainly added weight of wheels deter from performance not to mention the more expensive rubber to put on them. I use Continental Contact Sport II. They are awesome tires but pricey....thank GOD I only use them in the summer months!

The main thing is you will need to pay more attention to your driving habits depending on the road. You need to look out for bad pavement and potholes!!!! Trust me when I tell you, I live in Baltimore and the roads fu*king suck.....so you'll need to navigate around them!

As long as you are careful, you should be fine!

Good Luck to you!

OOOO

Old 07-03-2007, 07:20 PM
3rd Gear

I really like them,.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:24 PM
3rd Gear

They look exactly like the 18" RS4 replica rims I have on order from Purems. Mine supposedly come with the Audi hub. I personally wouldn't go any larger than 18" unless you live in the land of smooth pavement and enjoy a low sidewall, harsher ride. Plus the cost of more expensive rubber.

If you go with 19", get a warranty on the tire for full replacement regardless of failure. Discount Tire offers one for about $20 per tire. It's good insurance.

How much for the rims?

Old 07-03-2007, 10:31 PM
2nd Gear

They are sharp looking and do look very similar to the OEM/Replicas...I would go with 18's and not think twice. Better ride, handling, less expensive, and easier on your suspension system. I would also get performance tires with the lip protector. From the pictures the outside spokes look to be flush and you want that added protection.

Old 07-04-2007, 07:54 AM
3rd Gear

Prbayha - What do you mean by tires with lip protectors? Never heard that term nor seen that as a spec or feature. I have some Continental Contacs on order for my new wheels - how can I tell if they have this feature?

Old 07-05-2007, 09:24 AM
1st Gear

I have lip protectors on my Continentals, they are a great added feature. PPgoal the lip protector might be a little bit tough to explain over text but it is a little lip that sticks out on the side of the tireabout an 1/8th inch or so pass your rims. I might be able to post a pic of mine to help you see it. It helps protectfromdinging your rims if you rub up against a curb.

OOOO

Old 07-05-2007, 10:56 AM
3rd Gear

Joeski - I think I know what you mean. There was a small lip on the outside of my Coopers. I don't think the Pirellis have it. I'll check with Discount Tire and ask if the Continental Contacs that will replace my Coopers have it. Thanks.

Quick Reply: YOU LIKE THESE RIMS????