Audi A7 Athletic, elegant and dramatic, the Audi A7 is a five-door coupe with the graceful look of a benchmark luxury sedan.

Audi A7 towing option

Old 12-08-2018, 09:37 AM
1st Gear
Default Towing hook not visible when not used

Originally Posted by mikemoussa
Can you share any closer-up pics of your car with the receiver removed? I'm trying to get a feel for what it looks like when you aren't towing.
Towing hook pulls back behind ( inner side of) the rear bumper. It sits there totally out of sight when not used. It is locked/unlocked via a bowden cablen and a **** in the trunk. In Europe we use a 13 pins electrical connector which is fully integrated in the towing hook.

Old 07-29-2019, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Jorge Campos
Thanks @Fhod and @quattro617 for the help.

I was a little bit worried using the trailer from U-Haul, plus they look horrible I did attached that trailer to try it and it felt heavy, the card was ok pulling but not sure if is the quality of the trailer or what, but it didn't feel right.

So I went ahead and purchased an aluminum trailer, expensive but really good, see the picture attached. The Aluma trailer is just 390lbs and fits the Buggy perfectly, in total I'm towing 1040lbs, which the car seems to be pulling without issues at all.
This is amazing. Can I find it in the USA. I called a couple if Audi dealerships and they said we do not install the tow bar!
I love to have of hidden tow bars on my car. Any guide is appreciated.

Old 07-29-2019, 03:31 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by pouyan.ebrahimi@gmail.com
This is amazing. Can I find it in the USA. I called a couple if Audi dealerships and they said we do not install the tow bar!
Not Shure if the european version fits in an usa Audi a7, but Google for ‘westfalia detachable towhook for Audi a7’.
This type is factory fitted by Audi germany for european a7’s.
Basically it is suitable for diy fitting.
I guess the mounting points are not different for those types. Electronics connections are another question. The control box is connected to the canbus. There might also be a problem with the approval in usa.

Old 12-19-2020, 03:29 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by pouyan.ebrahimi@gmail.com
Go to https://stealthhitches.com/ they have really awesome solutions. What I particularly like is their ball hitch is rigidly coupled to the hitch unlike a normal ball attachment in a square socket that clunks around as you tow. I used a stealth hitch to tow two seadoos with my V8 S5, and it worked amazingly well! (Although I would not recommend towing with a manual transmission S5 if you value your clutch hahahah)

Old 12-20-2020, 07:53 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by woodepic
Go to https://stealthhitches.com/ they have really awesome solutions. What I particularly like is their ball hitch is rigidly coupled to the hitch unlike a normal ball attachment in a square socket that clunks around as you tow. I used a stealth hitch to tow two seadoos with my V8 S5, and it worked amazingly well! (Although I would not recommend towing with a manual transmission S5 if you value your clutch hahahah)

I have owned this A7 quattro for about 6 years. And drove about 8.000 miles with a heavy caravan during my holidays in Europe. No problems at all, combination was driving very smooth at speeds up to 60 miles per hour (110kmh) on highways and crossing mountain passes with normal traffic speeds.

Last edited by Fhod; 12-20-2020 at 08:00 AM.