Audi A7 Athletic, elegant and dramatic, the Audi A7 is a five-door coupe with the graceful look of a benchmark luxury sedan.

Back-Up Camera Fix

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 08:54 PM
1st Gear
Question Back-Up Camera Fix

Has anyone heard anything new on when the electronics might
be available for the back-up camera?

Thanks

Old 09-28-2011, 06:29 PM
1st Gear

Latest news is that new cars coming off the production line now have the electronics chip installed. No news yet as to when the retrofit chip will be made available for those of us who already have the A7.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:49 PM
1st Gear

Got the news today. We poor A7 owners won't get the retrofit until Dec./Jan. timeframe.

Halp

Old 10-12-2011, 11:35 AM
1st Gear

I got the same news here in Ontario. Still miffed that the car was delivered without this.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:12 PM
1st Gear

Received letter from Audi today. They indicate that the fix will be available in some weeks. "Some weeks" could mean "what" ?

Halp

Old 11-10-2011, 01:16 PM
1st Gear
Smile Back-up Camera Kit is IN!

Getting it installed tomorrow. Call your dealership and check with the Parts people, I found out that the kits were in by fluke.

Cheers

Eric

Old 11-11-2011, 08:07 AM
1st Gear

Great news Eric! My dealer has not yet received the kit. I'm bringing my car into him next Wednesday (Nov. 16) so that he and Audi engineering can determine the cause of an intermittent (the gps doesn't always come up during start-up). It will rise if I hit the button on the dash.
Otherwise, cr is still great!

Halp

Old 11-11-2011, 03:14 PM
1st Gear

The BS around this continues. The tech had no idea how to do the install, they called after 4 hours and said they needed more time to get the part in. Now after 3 more hours working on it, I find out that the computer needs to be flashed with an update and the site is down.

AUDI CANADA - this is complete BS!

Has anyone been told about compensation for this? I'm getting less and less impressed. Now I need to wait for yet another time when I can get the car in and get the rest of the work done. Sad and Mad at the same time.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:58 AM
1st Gear

my a7 is in for first service. rear hatch has stopped functioning.

i have received the letter on the rear view camera but got a very fuzzy response from service adviser on availability......mumbo, jumbo about specific applications to specific vehicles, software, computers, blah blah blah. i was told elsewhere in the organization that these cameras are limited in number and priority is given to new unsold vehicles. those of us who have paid the money and own the car are last in line. if true, this basically sucks but not surprising, curious customer relation strategy. i will know later today but i do not have a warm and fuzzy feeling. will report back.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:58 PM
1st Gear

I got the back-up camera installed yesterday (Nov. 16). It works well. They couldn't find the intermittent problem with the GPS not always coming up when ignition is turned on. Guess I'll have it occur and then drive to dealer to check when the problem recurs.
If anyone out there has problems with dealer service, I suggest you call Audi in Michigan. They have been great!
halp

Quick Reply: Back-Up Camera Fix