Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

04 transmission sound

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 06:07 PM
1st Gear
Default 04 transmission sound

driving on the highway at 65 mph. Had to go around a large truck so I accelerated into the left lane to pass. as the car downshifted there was this funny sound. almost like a chirp or maybe a goose honking (sounds funny I know) wife said it was like a piece of wood furniture being pushed across a tile floor. Anyway, I was able to replicate the sound fairly easy. The car has only 43,500 miles on it. I bought the extended warranty. Not sure what Audi is going to say. I brought my car in earlier this year because of this irritating clunk when I come to a "yield" sign or speed bump, then accelerate. Audi said that the car needs to come to a "complete" stop for at least a second or two, then accelerateforward. Yeah, that works fine, except when there isn't a stop sign, but a yield sign, so I need to continue forward and then the car lurches uncomfortably. Any words of wisdom or validation would be great. I love the car, drive itoccasionally. Rarely ever use the "s", almost always the "d"..oh yeah, that was another piece of advice they gave me...drive the car in "s" mode. That will reduce the jerking or clunking I was experiencing. Jeesh!!!

Old 02-13-2008, 02:15 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: 04 transmission sound

Took my car into audi...they are going to replace all the tire sensors this time!!! They apologized to me for having to come back the two other times and decided to change them all and get it over with. I was happy with that explanation. As for the tranny noise....My Service Rep was able to replicate the noise and said that they need to hook up the ocho and put new software for the tranny as well as flush it and put in a new synthetic tranny fluid and new filter. I am very happy being validated by the audi staff, especially Rob! Thanks.