Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

2001 audi S8 Power Steering went & the Speedometer guage went out "HELPPPPP"

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Default 2001 audi S8 Power Steering went & the Speedometer guage went out "HELPPPPP"

2001 AUDI S8 104k on it..

I was driving home from work in the big snow storm on Jan 25 2010 and my speedometer went out..

Then when I got home I drove over some snow no higher then a foot. After that the steering went out.

It feels like the power steering is 20% of what it should be. Kind of hard to turn when still but easier when driving.

Also the gas gauge floats back and forth from full to half when stopping.

Does any one have any ideas what happen to my baby.....

Old 03-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Site Moderator

The sky is falling the sky is falling what should i do!!!??? Thats what it sounds like when i read this, obviously you damaged something when driving. That or you just had 3 seperate systems go out at once, not likely. Tow it to a mechanic and have them take a look for you.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Default Lmao................

The car drives fine.. I don't have to tow it but for some reason the engine light popped on yesterday. When I pull my foot off the gas the engine kind of holds back now.

It's just very weird how there totally different things happen at an hour apart. Is there some other electrical wiring that controls the steering.

The snow was right up against the bottom of the car pretty good in the driveway when I parked it.

I brought it to the guy up the street and he said the steering looked fine no leaks.
As for the gas gauge he said the float must be screwed up
The speedo he said maybe a speed sensor.

Last edited by dcwld; 03-03-2010 at 11:01 AM.