AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A8 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/)
-   -   2002 A8 no ignitinion, why?..., please help (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/2002-a8-no-ignitinion-why-please-help-143952/)

forumaic 01-07-2010 11:48 AM

2002 A8 no ignitinion, why?..., please help

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everybody,

Car: AUDI A8 QUATRO 4.2L 2002year.

I have very seriuos problem. I cannot start an engine, even ignition (all lamps are off in the speedometer) it doesn't matter in what side I am turning a key, no reaction to key position.

I have change computer (from other car, but all numbers are the same, model also the same) (under driver seat), because it was wet and made a new key by VIN number. Is it possible and how would be possible that ignition will work?

Official dealer said that I have to buy brand new that computer and then they could releate it to my car. Is it possible to make that used computer will work with my car.

Please help.

Thanks in advance

P.S. also added diagnostic results, maybe it will be easier to find out exact problem.

F.

dannyghost 01-07-2010 12:05 PM

did u look if your battery is dead?
did you try your computer on other car?

AWDaholic 01-07-2010 01:45 PM

I had the exact same problem with my '99, two.5 years ago. I'll see if I can get my old mechanic to answer the phone and ask what the deel-EEE-oh was, back then.

forumaic 01-07-2010 07:10 PM

battery is good (its new)
computer worked with other car.

AWDaholic, please try to reach your mechanic. I am getting crazy of this problem, 2 weeks I am trying everything and nothing...
Please help.

Thanks in advance.

F.

AWDaholic 01-07-2010 08:21 PM

Everybody call me "Jazz."

I sent him a note on FB, when I get his new number I'll ask him, promise.

Mine drove ME nuts for about 5-months before Ray (my mechanic) figured it out.

I stuck my key in the ingition and everything went dim, then DARK... Battery was fine. Power at the starter. No blown fuses. But, nothing and I mean NOTHING would work.

Sound like what you have?

forumaic 01-07-2010 08:44 PM

Hello Jazz,

yes, then I have changed that computer, speedometer is dark, no reaction to any turn of the key. For me working emergency signal / alarm then I connect battery and electrical driver's seat, but nothing else, even central lock, I am able only open driver's door.

F.

forumaic 01-10-2010 11:51 AM

Hello Jazz,

maybe do you have any new from your mechanic?

Thanks in advance.

F.

AWDaholic 01-12-2010 08:45 PM

PM sent!

rclim 02-05-2010 07:32 PM

Same Problem

I am having the same problem with my 2003.

My current solution, which does not fill me with great joy, is to cycle the key through on the on and off position about three or four times. If I do this, turning the key to the on position, but not turning the key all the way until the car turns over, the pump engages, blows something out of somewhere, and then after three or four cycles, the car starts as normal.

If this is the same problem, will one of you post a more permanent solution?

AWDaholic 02-05-2010 11:36 PM

Give Ray a call, from RAI Motorsport: (443) 242-6436

He's the mechanic who eventually diagnosed the problem with my car when 2 other mechanics couldn't. Tell him you think you have the same problem that "Jazz" had with his A8. If you're in the Metro DC or Baltimore, MD areas you can drag it in to his shop (He's in Baltimore). Best VW/Audi mechanic I know.