AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A8 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/)
-   -   2005 A8L Sirius/XM Radio (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/2005-a8l-sirius-xm-radio-134554/)

Big Diesel A8L 07-02-2009 04:50 PM

2005 A8L Sirius/XM Radio

Hello all! First time "poster". I have a '05 A8L. Were all 2005's hard wired for satellite radio? I see the option for Satellite radio on the MMI and I know I need to order it however I can't seem to find the wiring harness in the trunk where it should be (so I'm told). So, looks like two quesitons:

1. Were all '05 A8Ls hard wired for satellite radio?
2. If there is no harness, is it possible to have one added?

Thanks all!

auditech79 07-02-2009 07:18 PM

All audi's are prewired for satelite radio. Its usually tucked away and taped up. Remember that there aren't that many wires going to it, the module will be fiber optic, so there will be a connector with a fiber optic loop attached to it as well.
You need to have the dealer code the unit for you anyway, so you might as well have them install it for you. Just purchase the module and have them take care of it.

Big Diesel A8L 07-03-2009 02:33 PM

Thank you.

I have looked high and low for the harness and can't seem to find it. It may have fallen between the bracket and the rear inner fender so I'll take the 5 bolts and have a quick look. I had a Audi tech take a quick visual inspection and he couldn't find it. I already have the Sirius module. Thanks for the feedback.

auditech79 07-03-2009 11:29 PM

Its there, you may have to take some stuff off/apart to get at them. It wouldn't be the first time.

auditech79 07-03-2009 11:30 PM

Oh, and make sure to check both sides of the trunk, sometimes i have seen it on the right side for some reason. 90% of the time its on the drivers side though.

Big Diesel A8L 07-04-2009 02:53 PM

Checked both sides and no dice HOWEVER Audi called me back and said that sometimes its tucked behind the rear seatbelts. I'll assume its accessable from the trunk. Thanks again for the help.

tunecinator 07-18-2009 04:21 PM

I have a 2004 and the dealer told me my car is not pre-wired.I have looked all over Everone tells me its there somewhere. If you find it in a different location let me know.

Big Diesel A8L 07-22-2009 09:10 PM

I had Audi pull apart the interior and my 05 does not have the wiring (they checked right up to the antenna). I am still waiting for them to give me a quote on running the wires. I will advise.

A8 LOOONG 07-29-2009 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Big Diesel A8L (Post 1107354)
I had Audi pull apart the interior and my 05 does not have the wiring (they checked right up to the antenna). I am still waiting for them to give me a quote on running the wires. I will advise.

That blows!:eek: It's well worth the effort though. I don't listen to Terrestrial Radio at all anymore since I subscribed to Sirius (now Sirius/XM).

I wonder why you have no factory wiring there. Is this a European car by chance? Maybe A8's fitted for Germany, don't have this wiring?:confused: