Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

2011 Audi A8L D4 Trailer Hitch Tow

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 06:28 PM
1st Gear
Default 2011 Audi A8L D4 Trailer Hitch Tow

I contacted Audi North USA tech support to try and help me find a solution for putting a class 1 tow hitch on my 2011 Audi A8L. I already have a bike rack and a platform for a class 1 hitch so all I need is a hitch. Everything I have read and searched shows that there is no hitch for a D4 (2010 and UP). Audi USA was great and spent a week calling Germany and talking to various people but in the end advised me to call my local Audi shop which is in Paramus, NJ. They were also great and tried to come up with a solution. The end game is that it appears that no one makes a trailer hitch specifically for the car. The car can tow. It is in the manual. Has anyone tried an 09 hitch on a D4? Anything else fit? Has anyone taken some good photos of an install? Will a company like UHAUL fabricate one? I called a couple of the companies like Curtis and they just don't have it... Any solutions?

thanks!

Old 09-18-2017, 02:37 PM
1st Gear

I went to the U-Haul website and it looks like they will make one for free and install it to the first person who allows them to use their car in Tempe, AZ. Any 2011 A8L guys out there want a free trailer hitch...

If U-Haul doesn't have a hitch for your vehicle, nobody does!
Your vehicle requires a custom-built hitch which we will gladly fabricate for you. If you are able to bring your vehicle to our Tempe, AZ Research & Development facility we'll provide you with a free U-Haul custom trailer hitch, including free installation, and a lifetime unlimited warranty in exchange for the use of your vehicle to fabricate the trailer hitch. We'll need the vehicle for two to three days. If you are interested in this offer please complete the form below and we'll contact you to schedule your appointment. This offer is only valid until one customer per vehicle can fulfill our requirements.
Need a trailer hitch, but can't come to Tempe, AZ for a fabrication?
Please complete the form below, we'll contact you with trailer hitch options for your vehicle.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:53 PM
1st Gear

Hello All,

New to the forums here! I am a recent, happy, purchaser of a beautiful 2014 A8L TDI (CPO) that was well taken care of by it's previous owner and dealership.

Wondering if there are any updates to the towing equipment issues for this vehicle? A local dealership is trying to track down a hitch that fits this model but is so far unsuccessful. I'd like to pull one of the newly designed [under 3500#] Airstream-type or mini-camper trailers for quick trips to the local mountains.

Any help greatly appreciated! Any other items I should know about for this auto? Love to know pertinent threads to watch for!
Thank you