Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

A8 D2 Airbag light

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 08:31 PM
1st Gear
Unhappy A8 D2 Airbag light

VAG-COM says occupancy sensor rear PS resistance high. I see a mechanical switch under the seat that's easy to replace. Switch seems to work. OHM meter shows it makes contact, on & off. Manual says it's a short to ground. Any ideas where to look ?

Old 02-23-2013, 09:48 AM
1st Gear

found it. this was a bad connection under the seat. the 2 wire plug was unplugged. so FYI, if the VCDS software says "resistance to high". it could just be a bad connection. the Bentley says it's "short to ground". doesn't say anything about checking for the sensor being unplugged. I'm still confused about the sensor though. According to any posts I've found on the internet, the sensor is integrated into the seat between the fabric and foam. But what then is the mechanical switch that I've been fooling with ? Another thing. I've been farting around with three websites like this one asking questions. I've never gotten any answers. Must be doing something wrong ? Thanks to those who take the time to post their adventures in repairing these cars. I'll try to do the same. I know there is a lot of knowledge out there on these sites. But none of them seem to be very well organized. Why aren't they set up with a table of contents so we can browse to various systems like a repair manual would be ? It's all just blind searching for scraps of information. Takes way to much time this way...