AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A8 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/)
-   -   A8 performance mods (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/a8-performance-mods-109826/)

ducatheart 08-10-2008 02:38 PM

A8 performance mods

Luckily I just found this forum after selling my bike I have to switch my funds and attention to another addiction.

I have an A4 right now and have always wanted a nice bix luxury/ports car. I was looking at the Maserati Gran turismo but dont really wanna drop 100k+ on a car right now. So next in line is the A8 that I always have liked. As far as the performance mods I did a search and found very little. I know PES has or was in the process of making a supercharger for the 4.2 and this would produce around 450 hp. With intake, exhaust, and a few other mods I would like to get around 500hp out of it.

Something that would be in a mad max of beverly hills movie.

Does anyone on here have said supercharger or any other mods producing significant power?

Mike

fenderltd 08-10-2008 09:45 PM

What year do you have? The only performance mod I can find for my 2004 A8 is exhaust which online seems to sell for like $5,800 dollars. I would love to fine some nice mods that didn't cost an arm and a leg. Perhaps you could get a custom exhaust done cheaper.

I would love to see if anyone else has something to add!

JONMAH1 08-10-2008 11:25 PM

From what I've read, there are pretty much just extremely custom superchargers, some chips/programming, exhausts, and custom intakes. Only a few companies are doing it obviously. Most of the parts are also shipped to like the UAE and Saudi Arabia. Good luck man. But, there are a few companies that do programming in the US. Programming is pretty much your best bet along with an exhaust. Trust me, your car is pretty fast for being what...4200lbs at most?

ducatheart 08-11-2008 01:10 AM

I just talked with a guy from PES-tuning and their working on a supercharger thet would put out about 450-480 hp and thats restricted to have reliability through the tip tranny. I'm guessing a custom exhaust wouldn't run nearly 5k unless its made of some space aged weightless material.

My A4 is a 98 with the 30v 2.8 with an intake and thats it. I found an A8 done by JE design for an sheik in dubai I think and its about as bad ass as it gets. It has 500+hp and some trick body work.

fenderltd 08-11-2008 09:55 AM

Where are the places to get programming and any other mods for the A8? Please post up!

auditech79 08-12-2008 05:24 PM

Yeah PES is making a supercharger for the 4.2L in both the A6 and A8 platform, which should be much cheaper than the only other supercharger on the market from MTM which costs around $18,000!
A custom exhaust really won't cost you more than $1,000 to make, its just steel piping, super cheap to make. I custom made exhausts for both my A4 and S4 which only costs me $900 combined.

fenderltd 08-15-2008 12:41 AM

I would imagine that if your not handy with the steal if you know what I mean (Thank you Warren G) that you could go to a performance exhaust shop and get one done for cheaper than mtm.

auditech, how is the sound on the two you made? I have heard a few Milltek & one MTM in person and the Milltek sounded a lot better than the MTM to me.

A8 LOOONG 08-26-2008 12:34 AM

Huh?

I've looked under my hood quite a few times. Where is someone supposed to coerce a SC into an A8's engine bay? How can that be done?

As for a complete exhaust, there's no way it should cost $5800! Even if made from mandrel bent Ti....hmmmm that gives me an idea...;)

auditech79 08-26-2008 04:25 PM

The custom exhausts i made for my cars were pretty loud, but had a deep rich tone. The A4 i have uses a small glass pack which just tones down the noise but doesn't change the note in anyway so your still hearing the exhaust as if it were straight pipe just not as loud. Militek and MTM as well as other exhaust systems modify the exhaust note by using thier own design mufflers so you have to shop around for the correct sound you want. If you want it to sound like a bull on steriods, just make it your self and slap a couple of glass packs on there and your A8 will sound like a german made corvette.

A8loong: A supercharger replaces the stock intake manifold so it will have plenty of room for a supercharger.