AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A8 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/)
-   -   Audi A8 - Security Code Required for Ignition. [HELP] (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/audi-a8-security-code-required-ignition-%5Bhelp%5D-168241/)

iLYNK 04-27-2011 12:27 PM

Audi A8 - Security Code Required for Ignition. [HELP]

5 Attachment(s)
Hey folks!

Lets start from the beginning ..
The most thing inspired me for buying an Audi A8 is Jason Statham's Ride in Transporter 2 and 3.

So, It's like after looking that I was looking affordable Audi's in U.K.
Now, I'm not sure with that MMI System in Audi A8 is just like they showed in Transporter 2 and 3 ?

Well, With that I meant that .. the Security Code Required Ignition System, Take a look please. Attachment 66624

So, now how they showed it works:

Step1. Muting the Stereo. Attachment 66625

Step2. Pressing Button for MMI Attachment 66626

Step3. MMI Comes Out with Security Code Required Attachment 66624

Step4. Enter your Security Code Attachment 66628

So, What my question is .. If I buy Audi A8 with MMI System Integrated.
Does it contain the same feature as they showed in Transporter 2 and 3 ?
Like this Security Code Ignition Start Feature ?

If not, can I get it by my self in my Audi A8 after buying it ? If yes then from Where and how much does it cost ? Anyone of you know any good and valuable advise for this, do let me know please.

Thanks.

jakematic 04-27-2011 02:34 PM

First off, he is "starting" the car by muting the stereo.
Pushing down the volume knob mutes the volume.

No it does not come with the "security code" and it is not an option.
The MMI is not a touchscreen.

-Jake

iLYNK 04-27-2011 02:38 PM

Oh .. Okay.
Thanks for your reply.

So, it's like it was just designed for this movie ? We can't have this in our Audi A8 ?
or can we ?

Thanks.

silverd2 04-27-2011 05:55 PM

Not available from Audi....Also A8's can NOT jump from building to building...OR from bridges onto trains...well, maybe once, then replacement is required :)

iLYNK 04-27-2011 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by silverd2 (Post 1307995)
Not available from Audi....Also A8's can NOT jump from building to building...OR from bridges onto trains...well, maybe once, then replacement is required :)

Hahaha! Well, I'm a fan of AUDI and Jason Statham. So, I hope you understand why I wanted such thing and why I posted such stuff. :P

LOL, Your comment made me laugh. :D

Anyways, You said not from AUDI. So, its like can we get it done any other way ? :confused:

jakematic 04-27-2011 07:15 PM

No. It's a MOVIE with made up stuff.

Although an entrepreneurial mind could create a business model.
Highly doubtful there would be much of a market for it as most folk don't even use SIM pins.

There is a lot of security built into the keys and the immobilizer already.
Something on the order of 20 (?) antennas read exactly where you are with the key both inside the vehicle and outside.

D2 and later REQUIRE an Audi dealer to authorize a new key to the car. Cost me about $300 to buy a new key and have them all programmed.

I never use the key in the traditional manner. It's not even on my keychain, it's on my belt all the time. Touch the door it unlocks, get in and press start button. Works well.

iLYNK 04-27-2011 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by jakematic (Post 1308011)
No. It's a MOVIE with made up stuff.

Although an entrepreneurial mind could create a business model.
Highly doubtful there would be much of a market for it as most folk don't even use SIM pins.

There is a lot of security built into the keys and the immobilizer already.
Something on the order of 20 (?) antennas read exactly where you are with the key both inside the vehicle and outside.

D2 and later REQUIRE an Audi dealer to authorize a new key to the car. Cost me about $300 to buy a new key and have them all programmed.

I never use the key in the traditional manner. It's not even on my keychain, it's on my belt all the time. Touch the door it unlocks, get in and press start button. Works well.

That sounds pretty cool. I don't mind even having this such stuff but tell me something .. What is this ? Where I can get it from ? Any Link or Website ? I don't mind paying $300 for such awesome stuff.

And Tell me in details what this technology called, Please ?

Thanks,

jakematic 04-27-2011 10:01 PM

Audi standard equipment. http://audi.co.uk

The key that came with my used A8L was nasty so I went to the dealer. $150 for a new key, $150 to program the car.

More details here http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer

If you have an iPad I highly recommend the Audi A8 app from iTunes.

Barbie 11-16-2011 12:11 PM

Security code for ignition? Found a company...

Hi,

I know this post is older....but someone may find my answer helpful.

So here is the deal. I was poking around on-line for any technology used in the movie (i.e. you can bullet proof your car like in the Transporter 2 - starting at $30,000), and this is what I found...

Pay Technologies, LLC. - About PayTeck

This is a 3 digit security code system w/ a keypad (sorry no touch screen yet).
The bottom of the page says how you could get 20% off your insurance bill, but must call for pricing.

Hope this helps.