AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A8 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/)
-   -   Back-up camera and soft close doors (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/back-up-camera-soft-close-doors-216197/)

Greybeast 06-02-2015 08:34 PM

Back-up camera and soft close doors

On a 2008 Audi A8L, does the navigation system automatically have back-up camera with the technology package?
Do ALL Audi's have the soft close doors or was that an option? Can the driver toggle that feature on\off?
Mike

Greybeast 06-09-2015 07:27 AM

Bump to top.......anyone? Bueller, Bueller?

Greybeast 06-12-2015 07:41 PM

Thank you for ALL the reply's....the help was outstanding..*cough* :mad:

I bought the car and figured it out myself. A lot of folks viewed this thread, but not one response. Kinda like getting a flat in the pouring rain when everyone zipps by and splashes water but no one pulls over to help. Thanks a heap!

snapdragon 06-14-2015 09:06 AM

Wind your neck in pal.

Greybeast 06-14-2015 09:33 PM

:eek:

Whloft 06-14-2015 10:39 PM

I'm not sure the soft close doors can get be disabled, but my buddy had fits when everyone instinctually slammed them shut on his 06 8L.

It did not have back up camera, but nav and Mmi
Good luck on the nice ride.

Whloft 06-14-2015 10:40 PM

So what did you find? Can doors be disabled?

Greybeast 06-15-2015 07:24 AM

Hey, thanks for the reply........I appreciate this. Being a new Audi owner like we all were at one time, there's a mixture of enthusiasm and skepticism. With all the tech goodies on board and knowledge that these beauties can cost mucho $$ if something major goes kaput can be un-nerving.
I did a LOT of reading and watched plenty Youtube video's describing options and standard features on the A8. from what I can discern, either you ordered an A8 new with 'soft close doors' or not. My vehicle was not ordered with that option. I haven't seen anything in the owners or MMI manual showing an option the to cancel the soft close feature. The back-up camera was included in the 'Premium Package' which I have. Here's how my Audi was optioned from the factory according to the Audi Customer Experience Center.

Thank you for contacting the Audi Customer Experience Center regarding your 2008 Audi A8L. I would be happy to assist in providing the options that are on your vehicle.

Our record indicates the vehicle is a 2008 Audi A8 4.2L quattroŽ sedan originally manufactured with an oyster gray metallic exterior and ameretto interior, with an 8-cylinder, 350 horsepower engine, Audi Tiptronic transmission and with the following equipment:

• Premium Package, including Audi parking system advanced (includes rearview camera), power rear window sunshades power trunk opener/closer, advanced key, rear vanity mirrors
• Sport Package, including 19'' 5-spoke chrome finished alloy wheels, 255/40R19 summer performance tires, Adaptive air suspension, sport, multifunction leather 3-spoke steering wheel w/ shift paddles
• Front seat ventilation & massage
• Alcantara package (headliner and hat shelf)
• Four zone climate control
• Front license plate holder
• Ski sack