Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Bang and olufsen amplifier needed and other parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 08:56 AM
1st Gear
Default Bang and olufsen amplifier needed and other parts

Hello everybody,

Just bought a 2007 Audi A8 4.2 L with the Premium Upgrade of Bang and Olufsen System. Here is the Problem. It was broken into and They got in the TRUNK and took everything that was hooked there (Amplifier and Navigation). These guys must be professionals as they only Unplugged everything rather than Ripping Everything. So all the Connections are there. I went to Audi Dealers and they Quoted me over $9000.00 of Work needed but they won't tell me details of what all is needed just brief stuff. That's just way out of my League. So I called another Audi dealer and gave them the VIN # and Amp Alone is $2450.00 and these guys were able to give me the part # 4E0910466B as well. My first priority is Getting the AMP and the Sound going. When I searched for the part #, it gave me diagrams of what the part looks like which is 1 UNIT.

then I looked at the Bang and Olufsen Site and it seemed that there are 3 different parts that complete an AMP. Question is, am I missing something here? I was just thinking that it'll be just Plug and Chug but it seems like more. There are barely any links on the web that shows what the structure may look like in the trunk.

Also, the screen that pops up when we turn the car on is stuck at the open and it won't close. I'm guessing that when electronics(amp, navi, and Cd Changer) were stolen it might have stuck there.

My Questions are the following:

1. Can I find a cheaper AMP?
2. Is that all I'm missing?
3. Will the screen start working automatically once I get all the components in?

I know I'm asking too many questions but it seems like I have no Idea what's missing. Only Good News is that All the Wiring is there so it was just unplugged. And Trust me, Audi is not willing to Just point and tell me what's missing and what's Not. They are being really Secretive about all of this.

Any comments are welcome.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:37 AM
1st Gear

Amp is $2,100 here: Audi Parts - AudiUSAParts.com

The MMI screen is probably not operating properly due to the amp being gone.
A VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) scan can tell you more though.

I'd put in a call to Loree at AudiUSAparts to see what all you need.
The Nav unit is not cheap either, but you can find NOS sometimes on eBay.

The CD changer is actually in the glovebox.
If there was a changer in the trunk it would be a DVD changer, but only if you have Rear Seat Entertainment I think.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:07 PM
1st Gear
Default Bang and olufsen amplifier needed and other parts Reply to Thread

Originally Posted by jakematic
Amp is $2,100 here: Audi Parts - AudiUSAParts.com

The MMI screen is probably not operating properly due to the amp being gone.
A VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) scan can tell you more though.

I'd put in a call to Loree at AudiUSAparts to see what all you need.
The Nav unit is not cheap either, but you can find NOS sometimes on eBay.

The CD changer is actually in the glovebox.
If there was a changer in the trunk it would be a DVD changer, but only if you have Rear Seat Entertainment I think.
Thanks a Bunch for the above comments. This gives me some options to look at. Here is what I'm trying to figure out as well.

I took the car to a Audi Spare Parts and plugged in Navi, Radio Controller, etc stuff but the screen didn't do anything. I'm thinking, since they were not all exact Part #s, they didn't work.

Let's say when I find all the Necessary parts (Navi, Amp, Radio/Audio Controller, Changer), Would it be just Plug-n-Chug or Do these components need to be installed so that My Audi recognizes all the parts? Just Like Computer Hardware drived need to be installed for the part to work.

Also, Is Amp a Stand Alone or does it need some controller to work?

Is there a Central Module that Controls all the parts Like (amp/changer/navi/etc.) and make them talk to the system?

Thanks

Old 09-18-2012, 12:35 AM
1st Gear

Take a picture of whsts missing so we can have an idea what all you need. I would also check with Shokan and Car-parts.com great source for used parts. check the NY craigslist i bought some stuff off of there not too long ago and there is guy with an S8 parting out

Old 09-18-2012, 08:56 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Panz
Let's say when I find all the Necessary parts (Navi, Amp, Radio/Audio Controller, Changer), Would it be just Plug-n-Chug or Do these components need to be installed so that My Audi recognizes all the parts? Just Like Computer Hardware drived need to be installed for the part to work.

Also, Is Amp a Stand Alone or does it need some controller to work?

Is there a Central Module that Controls all the parts Like (amp/changer/navi/etc.) and make them talk to the system?

Thanks
All should be plug and go - likely will require dealer to remove CP though.
Component Protection matches part to car to avoid black market parts.

Everything ties into main controller though and might need recoding http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_A8/S8_(4E)

I wouldn't worry if part #'s are exact.
They are superseded all the time and the last few letters changes.
A6, Q7 and A8 share a lot of parts so if you find one cross-reference it.

jamm220 has good advice for sources.
And absolutely - most of us can tell what's missing from a picture.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:36 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jamm220
Take a picture of whsts missing so we can have an idea what all you need. I would also check with Shokan and Car-parts.com great source for used parts. check the NY craigslist i bought some stuff off of there not too long ago and there is guy with an S8 parting out

Thanks Jamm220,
Pictures are attached with all the connections. Real question is which of the following goes there(except CD changer)

These were the part # given to us by Audi when we gave them the VIN. I don't think all are missing but we just don't know if they were in the trunk.

CD Changer: 4E0057110C
AMP: 4E0910466B (will be ordered through Audi)
Control & Receiver for car audio: 4E0035541SX. (Is this part also installed in the back because this one is going to be hard to find as most sites are overseas that have any info on this)
Bluetooth Interface: 4F0910336E (I don't know where this goes or if i need it)

Rear Camera: 4E0910441 (camera is there, so is there a different unit that controls it and is somewhere else)

Another question, we are able to find Navi and changer online but usually the letter in the end of part # is different. Would it still work?

Attached Thumbnails Bang and olufsen amplifier needed and other parts-cimg3309.jpg   Bang and olufsen amplifier needed and other parts-cimg3310.jpg   Bang and olufsen amplifier needed and other parts-cimg3311.jpg   Bang and olufsen amplifier needed and other parts-cimg3313.jpg   Bang and olufsen amplifier needed and other parts-cimg3312.jpg  

Old 09-18-2012, 02:39 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jakematic
All should be plug and go - likely will require dealer to remove CP though.
Component Protection matches part to car to avoid black market parts.

Everything ties into main controller though and might need recoding http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_A8/S8_(4E)

I wouldn't worry if part #'s are exact.
They are superseded all the time and the last few letters changes.
A6, Q7 and A8 share a lot of parts so if you find one cross-reference it.

jamm220 has good advice for sources.
And absolutely - most of us can tell what's missing from a picture.
thanks Jake,

I've posted some questions for Jamm220 with Pictures as well. I did try going to the URL above to WIKI but it was empty. Only reason I wanted the part #s to be exact was a few sources like the Shokan and our local Audi Parts dealer had mentioned that these letters were very specific to the cars as some changers won't work if NaVI is a different letter in the End. Could you please read the Comments I just recently made to Jamm220 and see if you can answer any of those. Any comments are welcome. Thanks again.