Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

European Plate Attachment

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 11:36 AM
1st Gear
Default European Plate Attachment

Hello everyone,

I was born in Wurzburg, Germany (but raised and living in the States) and my parents happened to keep one of the plates they had during the time that I was born. Now that I've got a car von Deutscheland, I'd like to place the plate up front.

I've attempted to remove the panel on the front bumper that's roughly license-plate-sized, and upon doing so realized that there would probably be a fair portion of ugly plastic showing, even with the plate in a bracket.

My other option is to drill that detachable panel itself, but this is something I really don't want to do for numerous reasons that you can probably list yourselves.

Is there any sort of additional Audi part that replaces the plain, smooth panel on the front bumper? Or, is a eurpean plate with bracket suppose to just attach to the screw-holes that become exposed upon removing the front-bumper panel?

Many thanks.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: European Plate Attachment

There is a european bracket that fits there perfectly, you have to search for it online, then have a body shop paint it to match your car. Or you can pay top dollar at the dealer to have it imported from Germany already painted if you supply them with the paint code thats listed in your trunk.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:32 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the reply.

Any idea where I can find this bracket? Also, any idea what the dealer would charge? I'd love to get the plate on the car.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Site Moderator

You might wanna try www.ecstuning.comor www.getcoolparts.com
www.pelicanparts.comnot sure if they carry them though.
The dealer would charge around $300 if you bought it painted.