Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

heater wont work "at all" in 2004 a8

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 01:12 AM
1st Gear
Default heater wont work "at all" in 2004 a8

so my heater stopped working a while back, didnt need it since it was summer, now its getting colder again and i want it/need it.

it just stopped working one day, now it only blows cold air, like the ac is on all the time, it wont even blow warm air. no matter what settings are, 70 in auto, 70 on manual, high on manual or auto, nothing but cold freezing air.

i took it to the dealership "audi in tukwila washington", i think i paid 150 bucks to diagnose the problem, even though they fixed a few other issues, the guy tells me that my settings werent set right and that he changed them and now its blowing hot air. what hot air he was talking about i have no idea, maybe it was the shop heater.

anywho, antifreeze level is normal, the temp gauge works good, once the car warms up, the guage needle stays right in the middle.

so what could the problem be? i heard they might be a air bubble in the heater core or a plugged up heater core, but if that was the case, wouldnt it still blow at least a little warm air?

im wondering, what if its the computer, or, the interior thermometer, or the mechanics that change the vents stopped working?

also, they said that the computer didnt show any issues "so techinically theres nothing wrong according to them"...

Old 07-19-2017, 11:54 AM
1st Gear
Default Having the same problem

Did you find out what the problem was? Having the same issue just curious what you found out.

Please respond thank you
Garret

QUOTE=pavelbarchuk;1334828]so my heater stopped working a while back, didnt need it since it was summer, now its getting colder again and i want it/need it.

it just stopped working one day, now it only blows cold air, like the ac is on all the time, it wont even blow warm air. no matter what settings are, 70 in auto, 70 on manual, high on manual or auto, nothing but cold freezing air.

i took it to the dealership "audi in tukwila washington", i think i paid 150 bucks to diagnose the problem, even though they fixed a few other issues, the guy tells me that my settings werent set right and that he changed them and now its blowing hot air. what hot air he was talking about i have no idea, maybe it was the shop heater.

anywho, antifreeze level is normal, the temp gauge works good, once the car warms up, the guage needle stays right in the middle.

so what could the problem be? i heard they might be a air bubble in the heater core or a plugged up heater core, but if that was the case, wouldnt it still blow at least a little warm air?

im wondering, what if its the computer, or, the interior thermometer, or the mechanics that change the vents stopped working?

also, they said that the computer didnt show any issues "so techinically theres nothing wrong according to them"...[/QUOTE]