AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A8 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/)
-   -   Helppp A8 not starting (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/helppp-a8-not-starting-39956/)

vacowtipper 08-27-2006 07:05 PM

Helppp A8 not starting

Hello,
I am new here. I am a 2001 a8l, 85000 miles. I parked it yesterday and today it wont start. I can feel the engine catching on for a second and then it dies. Any thoughts? Also can someone tell me what all lights are supposed to come on when i inster key and turn it halfway? not starting engine. now only battery light and two other ligts come on. The fuel gauge remains dead. I know battery is good because it kranks everytime. Please help. Is fuel gauge and other lights suppoed to come on when key is turned halfway?

didobg 09-04-2006 06:34 PM

RE: Helppp A8 not starting

[:o]

mwolfgeher 09-08-2006 09:56 PM

Try checking with the A8 forum with AudiWorld.com those guys have been very helpful to me.

vacowtipper 09-10-2006 11:10 AM

Thanks man. I ended up towing the car to the dealer. First they said it was a bad key. Then they said that the whole instrument cluster is busted and cannot be repaired. And it was 1500 bucks to get a new one. So I went online and got me a used one with 104,000 miles on it for 400 bucks. I had it shipped to the dealer and the service guy calls me and tells me it is working fine after they put it in. So i go to pick it up and the guy is like, yea, by the way, we cant roll back the mileage. They can roll it back if I had bought a new one, but since (in a sarcastic tone), I went and found me a used one, they cant roll it back. Is that true? Also they wont give me a prior mileage certificate because they dint know how many miles I had on my car when I brought it in. So now I am showing 104,000 on my 85,000 mile car %^@@^$#

AWDaholic 09-10-2006 01:28 PM

didn't you have to report the mileage when you insured and/or registered the car? I'm sure you can find "someone" to "correct" the mileage, for you, if you look around hard enough. Say! Are they not required to return any old parts to you? And, won't the old cluster show the mileage?

As far as teh stealership goes, it's their sandbox, they can make up any rule they want. They're not required to perform a particular task, just because they want you to. Personally, I think they're just being sour grapes about it. Of course, with your *new* mileage, your vehicle's value is down way more than the $1500 they wanted to bleed you for, huh?

margotk 11-11-2006 10:57 AM

Was this ever resolved? We had the same problem last March. They replaced the ABS system for thousands of dollars. The car was fine until a couple of weeks ago. Same thing - had it towed in. The re-replaced the ABS under warranty - we paid for tow. Brought it home - next day same thing. Towed again - they said it was the key. We picked it up yesterday - won't start today.

This only happens if the outside temperature is under 40. They insist it has nothing to do with the weather. Unfortunately, they had the car all week and the temperature never once got under 50 so it started every day.