AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A8 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/)
-   -   Hid bulbs replacement (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/hid-bulbs-replacement-175882/)

mblayton 11-07-2011 08:13 PM

Hid bulbs replacement

Wondering if any of you have replaced your Hid bulbs on your A8?? I noticed on the weekend that the passenger side one has gone pink and not white like the drivers side and when I have done a Google search everone has said that when your light goes that way it is about done.

Is it relatively easy to change on a 2007 A8 and would you buy them from the dealer or some other brand??

J.C. 11-08-2011 07:04 PM

I have done mine, its a 2004 A8. Although the D3 models are the same. Here is a link to help you with your question.

https://www.audiforums.com/forum/aud...dlight-168967/

ImTheDevil 11-15-2011 11:06 PM

Dealer cost is very high. One of our members (Emilgevor) owns Krauto Parts - he can sell you replacement bulbs at a much lower cost. Many of us in the A4 and S4 forums have and endorse his products. Also, he can get you 4300k bulbs (same color temp as OEM) or other color temps if you want. He's got other products as well, like LED interior, license plate, and reverse lights. I have practically his whole catalog in my car and love it. Definitely worth a look - he's a standup seller.

Emilgevor 11-16-2011 01:38 PM

Thank you very much for the shout our Mr Devil :)
OP I replied to your email regarding these earlier today. Basically what you heard about PINK headlights is true. Sounds like your lights is on its way out. When I bought my 2000 S4 the lights were very washed out and felt like they were much dimmer then most of the cars on the road even with my projector housing.
I ended up replacing bulbs and noticed huge difference in output even tho It was plugged in to the same OEM ballast. Later on I ended up converting whole thing to 55w setup and new headlight housings (E-codes) and now I couldnt be happier with the setup.
The bulbs that you asked me about earlier are D2S for Low Beam and H7 for High Beam.
Simple replacement and no need to spend over $100 for a set.
Hope that helps :)

mblayton 11-17-2011 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Emilgevor (Post 1345868)
Thank you very much for the shout our Mr Devil :)
OP I replied to your email regarding these earlier today. Basically what you heard about PINK headlights is true. Sounds like your lights is on its way out. When I bought my 2000 S4 the lights were very washed out and felt like they were much dimmer then most of the cars on the road even with my projector housing.
I ended up replacing bulbs and noticed huge difference in output even tho It was plugged in to the same OEM ballast. Later on I ended up converting whole thing to 55w setup and new headlight housings (E-codes) and now I couldnt be happier with the setup.
The bulbs that you asked me about earlier are D2S for Low Beam and H7 for High Beam.
Simple replacement and no need to spend over $100 for a set.
Hope that helps :)

Much thanks and I will get in contact Fri. or Sat. as it is late and have had a long day. I think you have been emailing my wife about these bulbs, just can't see spending what the dealer wants.

Emilgevor 11-20-2011 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by mblayton (Post 1346166)
Much thanks and I will get in contact Fri. or Sat. as it is late and have had a long day. I think you have been emailing my wife about these bulbs, just can't see spending what the dealer wants.

Thats not why I been emailing your wife ;)

JK man

Yeah I received an email from what I thought was you and replied right away.

AudiFF3336 01-28-2016 08:53 PM

Krautoparts.com

Hate to revive such an old thread, but is Krautoparts still in business? His site takes me to some Japanese page about passing exams and moonlighting.

ImTheDevil 05-05-2016 09:31 PM

No, he's moved on from that market.

gblinker182 06-23-2016 07:55 PM

Bulbs

Originally Posted by mblayton (Post 1344198)
Wondering if any of you have replaced your Hid bulbs on your A8?? I noticed on the weekend that the passenger side one has gone pink and not white like the drivers side and when I have done a Google search everone has said that when your light goes that way it is about done.

Is it relatively easy to change on a 2007 A8 and would you buy them from the dealer or some other brand??

I got the Osram CBI d2s bulbs from theretrofitsource.com and they are the brightest and whitest lights ive ever owned.