Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

I could use some help

Old 01-16-2011, 07:25 PM
1st Gear
Default I could use some help

I know when it’s time to swallow my pride and ask for help. My 2001 A8L has 51K on the clock, and I want to replace the timing belt. I know some will say that it is not necessary, but I love this car and for my own piece of mind I want to do it. Here is where I am at, I am an electrician not a mechanic but I know how to turn a wrench. I understand allot about this 4.2 I have read every forum and have always done the maintenance on my own cars. I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in getting together and doing this maintenance with me. You will not be doing it for me I just want someone there who knows how to do it and has done it before. I will have a bay at a clean garage with a lift and any tool needed to complete the job including the kit from Blauparts. Please let me know if you are interested, I am in the Boston area.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:27 PM
2nd Gear

Well, is it wasn't for the 925 mile thing, I'd love to help you

If you do tackle it yourself, you're gonna find that all the horror stories come from people who HAVEN'T done it...everyone seems to agree that once it's done, the anticipation was much worse than the job.

It really is very straightforward with the proper tools and instructions...and you're obviously a very smart guy. I just kinda practiced the steps in my head in advance and found it so easy, when I got to it, that I had to recheck everything to be sure...no problem.

Search this Thread