Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

I finally got mine!

  #1  
Old 03-07-2010, 11:30 AM
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 47
Smile I finally got mine!

I had to drive 12 hours to get it but I finally picked up a 2008 A8L (I couldn't find one closer that I liked). I had been debating between the A8 and the S8 for a while. But, since this is my first Audi ever I thought I'd be more practical and get the A.

Unfortunately, the dealer didn't have the manual. So, I drove home in the dark without knowing what half the buttons do. It was an interesting ride......

I'm going to try to figure it out today with a little trial an error. If anyone has any tips/tricks, I'd love to hear them. For example, a cool trick with the 7 is, when you come to a stop, if you press and hold start/stop, the car puts itself in Park and pops out the key. Very convenient.

I should have some pics and impressions later for those that might be interested.
 
  #2  
Old 03-07-2010, 03:18 PM
AWDaholic's Avatar
Senior Administrator
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lotsa places, currently Metro D.C., USA
Posts: 13,574
Default

Originally Posted by Soundchasr View Post
I had to drive 12 hours to get it but I finally picked up a 2008 A8L (I couldn't find one closer that I liked). I had been debating between the A8 and the S8 for a while. But, since this is my first Audi ever I thought I'd be more practical and get the A.

Unfortunately, the dealer didn't have the manual. So, I drove home in the dark without knowing what half the buttons do. It was an interesting ride......
Similiar to my original story. A plane ride out (D.C. to Chi.) and a 10+ hour drive (Chi. to D.C.) to get home.

Course, in the long, boring drive across IN & OH, I had plenty of time to play with the buttons, even in teh dark (since, they're all lighted)
Originally Posted by Soundchasr View Post
I should have some pics and impressions later for those that might be interested.
What? No camera phone?

Where are you from? 1982?
 
  #3  
Old 03-07-2010, 04:00 PM
auditech79's Avatar
Site Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,004
Default

^^ROFL! Yeah no pics!? You can buy an owners manual from bentley publishers or lots of different places online, you're gonna need it.
That trick with the old BMW is old school, you don't even need to take the key out of your pocket on the A8
 
  #4  
Old 03-07-2010, 04:35 PM
AWDaholic's Avatar
Senior Administrator
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lotsa places, currently Metro D.C., USA
Posts: 13,574
  #5  
Old 03-07-2010, 06:33 PM
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 47
Default

Gotta run but here are a couple:



 
  #6  
Old 03-08-2010, 09:58 AM
1st Gear
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 22
Default

There's a 2008 manual and dvd set on ebay with a by now of 95.00. I went to Oklahoma last month for a 2007 myself. Making trips for Audi's must be the new thing.
 
  #7  
Old 03-08-2010, 10:00 AM
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 47
Default

Originally Posted by richfam04 View Post
There's a 2008 manual and dvd set on ebay with a by now of 95.00. I went to Oklahoma last month for a 2007 myself. Making trips for Audi's must be the new thing.
The dealer says he's going to overnight it. He better!! I still don't know what half these buttons do. And I can't figure out why every time I start the car the rear sunscreen goes up. WTH? hehehe

It's a lot of fun to drive that's for sure. More to come....

Is there any replacement for the ashtray? It would be great for storage.
 

Last edited by Soundchasr; 03-08-2010 at 10:06 AM.
  #8  
Old 03-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4
Default

To change the sunscreen setting, you need to get into the MMI Setup and change the "Rear blind convenience" to "off"

cheers!
 
  #9  
Old 05-27-2010, 08:47 PM
1st Gear
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 47
Default

Yup! I had to fly to SE Washington to get mine. It was the only one in the state that had the interior color, exterior color , clean car fax, low mileage, history in states that don't salt the roads, blah, blah, blah...

I flew over with a cashier's check to drive the car. The plan was that if I liked how it drove, and it passed my personal mechanical inspection, I would drive it home. Otherwise, it was going to be a ride to the airport, thank you very much, and a disappointing flight home. I ended up driving it home and trying to figure out all the buttons along the way.

It was a great adventure and a wonderful 5 hour drive home!
 
  #10  
Old 05-27-2010, 10:44 PM
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 47
Default

Originally Posted by FlyTyinFool View Post
Yup! I had to fly to SE Washington to get mine. It was the only one in the state that had the interior color, exterior color , clean car fax, low mileage, history in states that don't salt the roads, blah, blah, blah...

I flew over with a cashier's check to drive the car. The plan was that if I liked how it drove, and it passed my personal mechanical inspection, I would drive it home. Otherwise, it was going to be a ride to the airport, thank you very much, and a disappointing flight home. I ended up driving it home and trying to figure out all the buttons along the way.

It was a great adventure and a wonderful 5 hour drive home!
Congrats!
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
ImTheDevil
Off Topic
8
06-10-2009 09:04 PM
S4sweeteeteeRS
Off Topic
21
02-14-2008 09:54 PM
steelcitysfinest69
S Car Model Line
12
07-23-2007 11:47 AM
CheckMyVitals
Off Topic
8
10-04-2006 09:08 PM
dscott
Audi A3
5
07-13-2006 12:02 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I finally got mine!


Advertising
Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.