Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

I'm new to the club...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 12:34 AM
Default I'm new to the club...

I've owned virtually all of the premier European sedans and I would never have believed that one car could make them all seem so... well, inadequate. I found an 2001 A8 L in Cashmere Grey w/ the beige interior and light colored wood that only had 34,000 miles on it. I was blown away when I drove the car. I don't know what to attribute it to, but the car has the perfect blend of handling and comfort. I don't know if it is the alum. space frame, suspension geometry or what, but the car is as solid as a vault, yet as supple as your favorite bed. The car feels like it was carved from a solid block of metal. It is the same feeling I had when I got in an E class mercedes, two models ago.

I can't tell you how much I love this car. The interior is gorgeous, the power seamless, and the handling perfect.

I do have one problem... The interior of my car got water in it after a car wash. I guess I've got a clogged drain.. augh!

I do love this car! I liked my 2003 A6 4.2, but this car is so much more... more quiet, more solid, more plush...

Here's a pic or two...

Old 12-24-2007, 01:27 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: I'm new to the club...

Hey, I've owned the same year one for 3 years now. Mine is Pearl White and I feel the same about the design and comfort. My extended warranty just ran out and so far so good. I do havea very good local mechanic to take care of the car for stuff I won't try myself. My only problem with the car is the blind spot due to the door post. It's much wider than on my '93 740 and I have to really turn the head around for every left turn or lane change.I suppose it's a good thing to do anyway as most mirrors are just for decoration.

Enjoy the car!