Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A8
My first Audi. but which is the one >

My first Audi. but which is the one

Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

My first Audi. but which is the one

Old 04-17-2010, 01:19 AM
Default My first Audi. but which is the one

Hi and thanks for helping.
I have found 3 different cars that I am looking at for my first audi. First is a very clean 2004 that is artic white LWB tan interior and 19" rims W/38k on the odometer for 24,500. Car Fax says that very little has needed to be replaced just maintance. The second car is a 2005 metalic gray tan interior W/45 on it. The Car Fax says the same but does mention that the battery needed to be replaced and nav system was updated offer is 23,500. Finally there is a grey 2006 with 62k and all the goodies.
My question is I really don't know wich one. Both the 2004 and 05 have low mileage with clean history, but Edmonds.com reviews say to avoid the 04 at all cost because of the electrical and MMI are just plan bad. (in some cases scarry) I wish I knew if I could get an extended warranty but since I am buying out of state I don't know how to do this or cost?
The 06 is one that I was looking at because it had the new body style and Edmonds says by that time some of the bug were worked out. But do I sacrafic mileage. With 62k do you think I could get an extended warranty?
Thanks

Old 04-17-2010, 03:27 AM
1st Gear

There are tons and tons of threads on these forums depicting which is better etc etc.
Firstoff I chose my 05 because I like the grill look vs. the newer larger grill. That's all.
Heres the short version!
2004 - pretty problematic and has many annoying bugs to be fixed
2005 - most of the bugs are worked out and still has the more aggressive looking front grill
2006 - almost all bugs worked out along with a few additions, changes and the new grill type.

And you can almost always get an extended warranty, but the mileage difference you stated between an 05 and an 06 isn't too much. As either of those numbers are very very low especially for these cars and their condition.

Completely up to you, If you want a newer car get the 06, if you like the look get the 05. Just avoid the 2004.
No need for any more comments Solved!

Old 04-17-2010, 07:18 AM
Senior Administrator

One other minor consideration is that, with the (admittedly slightly) higher mileage car ('06) you are slightly closer to mileage/maintenance intervals coming due. This is more of a "just so you know" than a warning, as those bills were gonna come, ANYWAY!

Old 04-17-2010, 09:56 AM

Thanks for your help. I hope to be posting pics of my new ride soon

Old 04-17-2010, 02:08 PM
Senior Administrator

Yabbut, which ONE?!?!?!?

Old 04-17-2010, 02:19 PM
1st Gear

shop around for the warranty!

Old 04-18-2010, 01:50 AM

I am leaning toward the 05 with 45k over the 06 because the 05 is the LWB. And I think I like the gray over the white.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:10 PM
1st Gear

The gray will show much less dirt and road grime + you'll get the awesome mean looking grill!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.