AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A8 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/)
-   -   n00b needing help on a8 l w12 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/n00b-needing-help-a8-l-w12-131721/)

cabriosnap 05-11-2009 02:36 AM

n00b needing help on a8 l w12

ok so let me tell you my situation before my question.

my father passed away and since he just got through with a divorce everything was split between my sister and i. we just got through with dividing his assets and i now have XXX dollars. i have already invested in a new home and have payed my tuition in full for schooling for the next 2 years. now im looking for a vehical. EDIT: but i want a nice car for a driver of my own. something fresh without past memories.

i have been drooling over the w12 since it came out and now i have a chance to own one. would this car be a good daily driver? or is this a car that will not like average day to day driving? i know dad could never drive the srt8 around the street becouse it rode so ruff.

any info on the car would really help me out

DÌEGØs AÜD!CTIØN 05-11-2009 05:18 AM

damn well sry about ur loss man but as you can see theres always a bright side to everything!!
in my opinion i wouldnt think of and a8 as a daily driver!
i think of it mostly as a road trip car or something!
i'd much rather have an a6 as a daily driver....
but then again i prefer performance over comfort!
gl with the car shopping tho

Jackmup 05-11-2009 08:38 AM

A) You have the $ so go test drive cars till you find the one you like. If you like performance go A4 0r A6 the A8 floats a bit more.

B) Keep your possessions on the Down Low you would be surprised on how expensive crap can attract the leaches. By the way now is the time to buy realestate and secure you future. Pay your tuition for 4 years or 8 and get a real degree, def. a Masters think Doctors. You can never loose your education.

C) Are you Effin retarded? Keep your financial statement to yourself! If you don't it will be someone else’s real soon! Slap yourself in the back of the head!

If you are ever asked you always say your broke and then ask to borrow some money, that gets rid of em fast.

Shit, slap yourself again. I can not believe you told the world that.

auditech79 05-11-2009 05:35 PM

Tacoma WA, Check! Im coming for ya!.....Just kidding, like Jackmup said that was a stupid thing to do, in fact im gonna edit it for you.
Do NOT buy a W-12 A8, those are targeted for people that make $500,000+ a year. The repairs alone on that car will drain your bank account. Do the smart thing and keep you're pocket book full and invest it, or use it to make more money. Buying a $130,000 car isn't doing anything for your future. Then again, i bet you're 19 so you won't understand yet.

nateb91 05-11-2009 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by auditech79 (Post 1084770)
Tacoma WA, Check! Im coming for ya!.....Just kidding, like Jackmup said that was a stupid thing to do, in fact im gonna edit it for you.

. . .

Then again, i bet you're 19 so you won't understand yet.

Agreed. Why don't you check out a 2006 or 2007 Audi A4? You could most likely find one with around 10,000 to 25,000 miles for around $25,000, plus you could throw a little money into modifying the car.

That sounds a LOT better than throwing down over $100k for a car. However, if I was in your situation, I still wouldn't spend even $25k on a car. I would get something like this: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

But come on auditech, what's with the 19 year old comment? I am 17 and I consider myself "financially bright." I have saved over 60% of everything I have made since I started working at 14, and now I have enough money to get my dealers license (filing in 1 month after I turn 18!!!!) and hold 3-5 used cars at a time while attending college full time in the fall.

Maybe its the fact that I want to be a Finance major (yes I know, for the sake of the argument not very good cause it hardly pertains to personal finance)? Maybe its the fact that I was raised to spend my money wisely and invest wisely? But I don't think its just me, I think a lot of teens know what they are doing with their finances.

So maybe you didn't know, but you have to give a lot of us credit. We do our research, and know our stuff when it comes to finances.

cabriosnap 05-11-2009 07:36 PM

i can assure you my future is very well set. i already have full ase cert's, gm cert's, and a uti degree. im going back to school to be a certified audi/vw mechanic.

i have already invested a large chunk of my money into a new shop. i am in the prosses of getting it ready now "lifts, air, wireing, remodling, ext ext

i already have plenty of speed in my garage, especially now that i have inhereted my fathers collection of vehicals. im looking for something i can feel proud of jumping in and turning the key on. after looking into specs further, i agree that the w12 would be to much mainenace for the time...im looking into something more suddle now.

thanks for the help so far...but is the teen bashing really nessecary?
just for the record i am 20 years of age. young i know...but not compleatly retarted i can assure you. i hold myself to a higher standard then todays youth

DÌEGØs AÜD!CTIØN 05-11-2009 11:11 PM

gl with the audi mech thing
thats the way im goin!! :)

auditech79 05-11-2009 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by cabriosnap (Post 1084826)
i can assure you my future is very well set. i already have full ase cert's, gm cert's, and a uti degree. im going back to school to be a certified audi/vw mechanic.

i have already invested a large chunk of my money into a new shop. i am in the prosses of getting it ready now "lifts, air, wireing, remodling, ext ext

i already have plenty of speed in my garage, especially now that i have inhereted my fathers collection of vehicals. im looking for something i can feel proud of jumping in and turning the key on. after looking into specs further, i agree that the w12 would be to much mainenace for the time...im looking into something more suddle now.

thanks for the help so far...but is the teen bashing really nessecary?
just for the record i am 20 years of age. young i know...but not compleatly retarted i can assure you. i hold myself to a higher standard then todays youth

I'll take you're word for it, but i went to UTI back in the day too, and 90% of them were morons. Im glad you guys are on the straight in arrow, im just used to dealing with twits all the time. ;)

cabriosnap 05-12-2009 01:05 AM

i agree with you on the uti thing. people seem to think that they can go to school with no mechanical background and it makes them wrenches...it just doesnt work that way. collage is only as usefull as the information you absob from it. i like to think i got the most of it

i need to start on getting my buisness licence and getting my shop started up before i invest in a vehical. after going though prices on everything i need, i think its best to get that all worked though before getting myself a new car.

still got my eye on the w12 though...i'll have one eventually. may not be anytime soon...but it will be mine. "insert creepy laugh"

vision85 05-12-2009 02:41 PM

I bought an used 2001 A6 4.2.

After having problems and making regular repairs, I'm still in love with the car and I'm proud of say that my next car will be an Audi A8 for daily driver.

To me, the ride quality was superb on the A6, I'm expecting the A8 to be even a better experience when the time comes. Not sure about W12 though, I'm in Chicago area and there is not even space to take my car over 100 most of the times.