Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

New A8L owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 12:13 PM
1st Gear
Default New A8L owner

I just bought my new baby - a new to me - 2001 Audi A8L. It had about 70K miles on it. I have few concerns and questions.

1. I am located in Asheville NC and any recommendations on a good pediatrician for this A8 in this area?

2. Any good VAGCommers who have worked with the D2 A8s ?Thinking of upgrading the navigation system to nav-plus and want to get together with someone who has specifically done A8's but if not atleast Audis.

3. Does this Audi not have automatic door locking feature when put in gear ? Mine does not and just wondering if this was a mod by its previous owner or factory spec.

4. Does this A8 not come with daylight sensors for headlights to come on ?

I think so far only these that I can think of. WIll add more when I think of them..

Old 02-28-2007, 03:00 AM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: New A8L owner

I just bought my new baby - a new to me - 2001 Audi A8L. It had about 70K miles on it. I have few concerns and questions.

1. I am located in Asheville NC and any recommendations on a good pediatrician for this A8 in this area?
Can't help you, directly, there. Not from that area. Try posting up in the S/E region section...
2. Any good VAGCommers who have worked with the D2 A8s ?Thinking of upgrading the navigation system to nav-plus and want to get together with someone who has specifically done A8's but if not atleast Audis.
Same basic answer... We have a scetion dedicated to VAGstuff, somewhere, I believe...
3. Does this Audi not have automatic door locking feature when put in gear ? Mine does not and just wondering if this was a mod by its previous owner or factory spec.
It may have been defeated, or, possibly the TPS, or door-lock pump is malfunctioning. A VAG chec might help you diagnose this, dunno... Do your doors otherwise lock, collectively, when you push the appropriate button on your keyfob and/or door-panel button?
4. Does this A8 not come with daylight sensors for headlights to come on ?
Again, dunno. Check with Hans Blix, I think he has smething like 3-4 A8's of various years. Why? Are you unable to determine on your own if it's dark enuff to need your headlights? Maybe you should visit your eye doctor, instead...

You're Welcome! Oh, and, WELCOME to the forums, and, I'm glad we have another D2er. It's AWFULLY lonely, here in the A8 section[&o]

Old 03-02-2007, 04:32 PM
1st Gear

I dont believe the D2 ever got daylight sensors, I recall that a lot of reviewers found this fact annoying.

Nahh, AWD, I've only got one A8, thank god Otherwise right now I would be out holding up convenience stores in my Boba Fett helmet for disguise

Old 03-03-2007, 06:12 PM
1st Gear

Thanks all. As I am growing fond of my A8, found that the doors can indeed be locked above 15mph. But why not when the car is put in gear ? No daylight sensor. Strange but true. Handles like a dream. Now only need to find a doctor for those times when she misbehaves...

Old 03-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: HansBlix

Nahh, AWD, I've only got one A8, thank god Otherwise right now I would be out holding up convenience stores in my Boba Fett helmet for disguise
Maybe it's gapa8 with the A8 collection... SOMEONE on here has more than 2, DAMNIT!!!