Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A8
New Owner! 2005 Audi A8L W12 iPhone Qs... >

New Owner! 2005 Audi A8L W12 iPhone Qs...

Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

New Owner! 2005 Audi A8L W12 iPhone Qs...

Old 08-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Kpj
1st Gear
Default New Owner! 2005 Audi A8L W12 iPhone Qs...

Hello all,

Just acquired a near-perfect 2005 Audi A8L W12 over the weekend. The car is simply stunning and has more features than I know what to do with.

I've gone thru the search option, along with Google, but have had no luck My question(s) are as follows:

I have the original 8GB iPhone which has successfully docked via Bluetooth with the MMI. All phone options seem to be working just fine, but I want to listen to/control my iPhone via the MMI interface. Is there a cable (or device) that can be retrofitted to my 05 A8 for use with the iPhone? Maybe via USB or some other connector (AMI)?

Also, would getting the iPhone cradle (underneath the front armrests) solve any of these issues? I assume this phone cradle/puck would simply charge the phone & give me a wired connection to the MMI (instead of a bluetooth/wireless connection). Is this safe to assume?

I am currently using the cigarette lighter socket to charge my phone and it's a bit messy looking since the wire drapes along the seats/console. I know that a FM modulator could stream the audio to the MMI, but I wanted a full-functioned install where I can control my iPhone via the car (MMI).

Sorry for rambling, but I am anxious to get this set up.

I'll upload some pics shortly of the beauty.

Thanks again for all of your help,
Kpj

Old 08-11-2009, 09:31 PM
1st Gear

I've got myself a v8 2005 a8 with the bluetooth as well. I have the iphone 3g 8gb model as well. I have gotten the phone to pair with the car, enabling me to dial and receive calls through the cars speakers and microphone. And that is it. The only contacts that my phone will import is the 5 numbers that come default on the phone (The view my minutes, pay my bill, etc numbers) Even after waiting a half hour of driving I still do not see any contacts and cannot import them from the phone. So good luck maybe someone can fix both of our problems.