Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

New Owner (newb questions)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 02:38 AM
1st Gear
Default New Owner (newb questions)

Just bought my A8 yesterday for $5300. Smoking deal, but has some imperfections.

Driver's headlight washer nozzle missing, bezel RTV'd on.
So I'm looking for a washer nozzle. On the passenger side it feels a bit loose and as through the washer nozzle also holds the bezel on?

Passenger headlight has a chip, found price of $503?! Anything cheaper that isn't crap? I'll just fill the chip before I spend $500 (or even $100) on a headlight. low beams appear to be HID, and high beams halogen. Seems like someone used an HID retrofit kit?

Key in Driver's door hard to turn, maybe just needs some lube? White Lithium grease maybe?

rear foglight is MIA? I have the button for it and the button lights up, but I don't get anything in back. Where should it be located? Does the car need to be moving (park was parked when I looked for it)?

Both master keys have dead batteries. I got the remotes apart, it looks like I need type 1616 batteries? Since both are dead will I have any trouble programming them with the ignition and door lock method once I put good batteries in both?

One rear headrest is stuck down, the other goes up, and the button on the dash makes something go click in back, but no movement of the headrests. Not sure where to start.

I've read that the 98 came with 16" wheels, but mine has 17" wheels with 225/55-17 tires. Was this an option in 98? There appears to be a full size spare in the trunk. Can I run 15" wheels for the winter, or am I stuck with 16"?

Old 08-08-2007, 12:17 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: New Owner (newb questions)

Hi, the 17's with the full spare was optional believe. Standard is 16.

I believe the rear foglight doesn't give off too much light. Since 97-99 foglights front and rear are not like todays standard foglights. The rear foglight is in the tail light so all you get is a brighter red glow.

The keys should be fine once the batteries are replaced. I don't see no reason why they would need to be reprogrammed.

The headrest button on the dash only lowers the rear headrest. It is basically put there for those who can't see in the back with the headrest up. A convenience button while you're driving. If the headrest don't work, don't bother fixing. It is pricey for something minor and a pain in the *** in regards to a diy.

Hope this information helps you.