Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Oil

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 10:02 PM
1st Gear
Default Oil

We just bought a 2003 Audi A8L, and I was wondering if anyone had a preferance on what kind of motor oil to buy for this car. The reason why I am asking is because this is our first Audi and my first foreign car. Thanks for your imput.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:57 PM
Site Moderator

You wan't to use a high quality synthetic oil, you can use regular oil but you just have to change it more often, like every 3k.
When using a synthetic you can run it for over 5k at a time because it holds around 8 quarts of oil. You would also save more money by using synthetic, not to mention it decreases drag on the engine saving you gas mileage.
A good synthetic to use that doesn't cost an arm and a leg would be Mobil 1 synthetic or Castrol synthetic, they are basically semi synthetics but they get the job done.
If you want to spend some serious dough, go with Amsoil, Redline, or royal purple. You won't need these oils un-less your driving around a race track, which i doubt.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:58 AM
1st Gear

Thanks.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by auditech79
A good synthetic to use that doesn't cost an arm and a leg would be Mobil 1 synthetic or Castrol synthetic, they are basically semi synthetics but they get the job done.
For me is Mobil-1...have been using it for 3 years.