AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A8 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/)
-   -   Purchase audi a8 - advice needed!! (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/purchase-audi-a8-advice-needed-215794/)

HMSDreadnought 05-09-2015 12:37 AM

Purchase audi a8 - advice needed!!

Hello community,

I have a chance to purchase my dream car, Audi A8.....L!! As you can imagine, I'm quite excited.

However, the car is a bit of a late model (2008 with 93,000 miles) and I'm a bit nervous. Is this a good investment? Are there specific wear issues that I should be concerned about?

Any feedback is appreciated. jean.dolamo@gmail.com

mafpolo 05-10-2015 06:13 PM

Get the vin #, and ask your dealer about the history of the car. Their system will know about warranty claims and maintenance history. I would want to know that the prior owner took great care of it, and that it doesn't have a history of problem areas. Mileage would bother me a little, but if you set aside some cash for "a just in case moment," it will probably work out. Great car, better than any other large luxury sedan - in my opinion. We have an 05 that I have been wanting to trade for a newer one (74,000 miles), but my wife says she still likes it. However, we are now at the service to replace belt and water pump which is $2,300, and today the MMI screen started to struggle to come up, and makes sounds like gears are misaligned.

HMSDreadnought 05-11-2015 08:37 AM

Thanks, I was able to get the VIN and pull a CarFax report. 1st owner took great care of it at the local AUDI dealership. Second owner skipped the 55K mi service which I'm told is a pretty significant one. He opted to use a private non-Audi service shop that I know nothing about.

I'm most concerned about catastrophic failures like transmission, etc. I did read elsewhere that Audit designs these machines to go 200K miles at a minimum so maybe I shouldn't be worried.

I might close my eyes and just do it and hope it all works out.

AudiFF3336 05-12-2015 08:37 AM

I am nearing the end of month 2 with my "new to me" 2007 A8L. By far one of the best purchases I've ever made. My wife loves the car too and the ride is so smooth my daughter sleeps through even the worst roads. The power and takeoff are pretty amazing as well.

Greybeast 06-02-2015 08:10 PM

I'm in the process of purchasing one too. Mine will be 87k on the clock. I'm nervous too but it was a one owner and all seems well. I got my fingers crossed...
Mike

Dishi 06-04-2015 05:32 PM

difference between 2007 and 2009 audi A8

Dont mean to direct the argument in some other direction, but i was looking at two different year models to buy - the 2007 and 2009 Audi A8 (No, not the L model). The only difference i could notice was the front grill and taillights. Is there any difference in the ride quality?
I'm getting a deal for 2007 at $19K with 56K miles on it, which i consider to be pretty good. On the other hand, i'm also getting a deal for 2009 at $25K with 58K miles. Was just wondering if there was any difference in the ride quality and reliability of both these years.
Also, will buying the 2007 Audi and spending 3K for the facelift+taillights be a better option than buying 2009?

Thank You.