AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A8 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/)
-   -   rear air suspension (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/rear-air-suspension-198432/)

Najee58 08-09-2013 09:59 PM

rear air suspension

I'm new here, just bought a 2007 A8 Quattro, 87K miles. I've had it for three months and already have ordered a telephone module( for the MMI), I need to replace the MMI motor, too. Now this week, the rear just dropped with no warning and won't come back up. I just had the car in the shop getting an oil change last week. Now I have to take it back to them with this problem. Actually I think I'm going to park it till the telephone module comes in and then take it back to the shop. Has anyone here had similar issues with the air suspension? Is it a pricey repair? These MMI problems are going to cost me close to $2K. Looks like I'm going to have to get this suspension problem fixed first.

grease 08-10-2013 10:39 AM

Is there yellow or green car indicator in the dash board? if the suspension is down it will be flashing yellow.

When you start the car after a couple of min, can you hear the air pump kick on, front left side wheel arch, it's hidden behind the plastic wheel arch. its a small compressor.

you say your mmi screen motor is out?

possible air suspension parts - air spring $1500 up for the rear, the air pump is the next at $1000 from audi, Arnott sell that for $875, or it could be a pipe leak.

Do you have the ross tech software to find out the problem codes on the audi?

Najee58 08-11-2013 03:39 PM

rear air suspension

thank you for the info, grease. just yesterday as i was adding air to a leaky tire, the rear just rose all by itself! seriously!when i got behind the wheel i immediately could tell the difference. also, the yellow indicator had gone out ,leaving the green indicator solidly on.
I don't know if i have short in the system because the rear was down from monday until saturday, and just lifted itself up.
I mention the short because the telephone module shorted out and now i hav no navigation,radio,cd, or telephone. My dealership has ordered the telephone module for me and my intention is to have it installed when financially able.
what is this Ross Software? is it a diagnostic tool i can use to interface with the audi?

Najee58 08-11-2013 10:27 PM

now its the front suspension thats fallen and yes ihave a solid yellow indicator with a blinking green one

highlinemotorworks 08-15-2013 01:53 AM

Possibly your air suspension module is starting to go bad. There is a company that sells rebuild air shocks for $695 each for the front, rears are a little cheaper(I think it's called Partsgeek.com). I bought front shocks from them before for A8s I was selling. To me your issue seems like an electrical issue with the air ride module. Get it scanned with VAG-COM, it will give you more details and codes. Post them on here.

P.S. If you are going to buy VAG-COM, make sure you get genuine software and cabel from Ross-Tech.com. DON'T TRY THE EBAY JUNK.

twilli22 08-29-2013 03:54 PM

I have a 2011 A8L. I'm not sure about older models, but I have to put the car in "jack" mode before putting it on a lift to prevent damage to the air suspension.

Flatlinerflash 09-10-2013 07:08 AM

I got my front shock rebuilt off ebay $500