AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A8 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/)
-   -   Seeking to buy Cargo Mat or Trunk Liner for 2000 A8 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/seeking-buy-cargo-mat-trunk-liner-2000-a8-189730/)

Carl & Kathy 11-25-2012 11:37 AM

Seeking to buy Cargo Mat or Trunk Liner for 2000 A8

Do you know if anyone sells a cargo mat or trunk liner for a 2000 A8 (not A8L)?

The official Audi website is useless. It doesn't even mention trunk liners, cargo mats, or floor mats under its "Accessories" section.

WeatherTech doesn't have one designed specifically for the 2000 A8.

In 1998, I purchased a 1998 Honda Accord. At that time, I was able to purchase a cargo mat direct from Honda specifically designed for the Accord...a perfect fit. It was made of a flexible plastic that remained very flexible in cold weather. It had vertical sides that were about 3" tall. The sides contained spills. Do you know if there is a similar cargo mat made for the 2000 A8 trunk?

nulif7 01-02-2013 04:35 PM

l know your plight....

l'm looking for the same thing and came up
with nothing so far. in the meanwhile,
as l'm around town and at Walmart, etc. l
look at and think of different materials that
l could make my own mat. Still haven.t
come up with anything so far but l haven.t
given up. wat do you think of ordering the
mat for the current A8(D4) or maybe the D3
8 ? at least maybe check into it to see
wat the dimensions are to see if it'll fit ?
we'll see -- l'll check into it and see what
l come up with. lnjinn tunn

Do you know if anyone sells a cargo mat or
trunk liner for a 2000 A8 (not A8L)? Do you
know if there is a similar cargo mat made for
the 2000 A8 trunk?

Carl & Kathy 01-03-2013 09:24 AM

WeatherTech® offers a Cargo Liner for the D3. it has a raised lip to contain spills, dirt and grease. It is supposed to remain flexible under temperature extremes. It has a textured finish, which WeatherTech claims is supposed to keep cargo from shifting.

I have a cargo liner in my 98 Accord. Honda offered it as an accessory. So, I bought it when I bought the car. It had shallow ribs, not a cris-crossed "textured finish". The shallow ribs made it very easy to clean. I wish I could get one like that for my A8.

I'm going to try to find the dimensions for a D3 trunk and compare them to my D2. If they are the same or close, I'll get the D3 liner.

jakematic 01-03-2013 05:13 PM

Have a look here: 2000 Audi A8 Accessories & 2000 A8 Car Parts - AutoAnything

Carl & Kathy 01-04-2013 10:56 AM

Thank you Jakematic for the link to the autoanything. I see from the link that Lloyd makes cargo liners specifically for the A8. However, they are flat. They do not have a raised lip on the perimeter. Therefore, they do not contain spills.

Does anyone know of an A8 liner with a raised lip on the entire perimeter?

As for WeatherTech A8 liner, WeatherTech makes one specifically for the D3, but not the D2. I checked the D3 liner dimensions. Unfortunately, it will not fit the D2.