AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A8 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/)
-   -   suspension issue (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/suspension-issue-197948/)

Flatlinerflash 07-28-2013 10:28 PM

suspension issue

ok my problem is the front end has dropped and wont come up. the compressor is still working..i pulled the air line and its still pumping out air when running. I dont have the ross tech gear just a scanner. so whats you guys theory?

grease 07-29-2013 12:00 PM

Where to did you check the air line at the pump?

Flatlinerflash 08-07-2013 08:44 PM

yes I checked it at the pump

grease 08-09-2013 08:54 AM

There is a control module in the back of the wheel arch which distributes to the four wheels on the pump side. The sensors on the lower suspension arms are intact?

Is one side lower than the other?

Flatlinerflash 08-10-2013 11:25 AM

The car appears to be level front and back. I just replaced the control block a few minutes ago its used as is the pump and two rear shocks i scored at a salvage yard yesterday..good thing bout that is i paid $300 for all of that stuff. But the car is still slammed to the ground. Im going to swap out the pump and maybe the rear shocks. Praying for good results. I gotta get of my motorcycle everyday.

Flatlinerflash 08-10-2013 03:47 PM

thanks to all

My thanks to all that assited me getting my mistress off her butt. after one new shock installation a six pack of beer for frustration. falling asleep while researching the forum and a good trip to a salvage yard and came up on parts for cheap. She is now outta the garage and offa her butt. I swaqpped out the air pump and wolla she got up and I popped two more beers. turns out the old pump just wasnt pumping out enough pressure, im gonna keep it and overhaul it as the replacement seems a bit noisy. Now I just gotta decide what to do with the extra rear air shocks. hmmmmmmmmmm ebay maybe.
Cheers:D

highlinemotorworks 08-15-2013 01:54 AM

Put them up on eBay. There is non around. Probably can double your money :D

kcmill17 08-21-2013 12:28 AM

This just happened to me today. The front end dropped and will not come up. Both yellow and green dash lights are on. back end seems normal height. When I go to the MMI to raise and lower...the selections are "grayed out" so I can't select ride height. I pulled codes with OBDII and nothing comes up. What is the series of events to check first, second, etc? I have heard my pump come on after parking for the last two weeks as it levels after the car turns off...it has been running loud...so I think it may be the pump...but not sure. Where is the pump located? Does anyone have the part # for it? Any help is greatly appreciated as to what to check first. Thank you!!!

Flatlinerflash 08-21-2013 07:37 AM

its most likely your pump is going bad and 1 of your front airshocks has a leak. I just went through same situation. I found a used pump locally and it and a new airshock resolves my issue. I found a air pump rebuild kit on ebay to rebuild my old one for $42.00 shipped. Will let everyone know how it performs after install

kcmill17 08-21-2013 10:14 AM

Thank you Flatlinerflash...will also update this thread after I figure out this issue...I feel like you're probably correct, pump and air leak. Do you know where the pump is located?