AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A8 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/)
-   -   Tire Pressure problems (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/tire-pressure-problems-135073/)

DUTCHPEET 07-12-2009 07:29 PM

Tire Pressure problems

I have a 2004 A8 who has given me no problems whatsoever till about 3 months ago. I got a tire pressure fault on my display. I took it to Audi and they resetted the sensors. After 10 miles the warning came back on. They again checked it and said nothing was wrong with a new reset. Again after a few miles it came back on.
I took it to another dealer and they said nothing was wrong and reset the system. This time when i picked up the car the warning came right on. So they kept it and replaced all 4 sensors, thank god my extended warranty covered it. Everything was fine but now after about 100 miles my warning lights came on again. What is the problem, anyone else experienced the same?

auditech79 07-13-2009 09:44 AM

Those tire pressure monitoring systems are a pain in the butt to diagnose. If someone isn't highly experienced in diagnosing one they won't figure it out. It took me years to figure them out. I would take it back to the same shop that replaced the sensors and have the SHOP FORMAN look at it, he should be able to look at it. Don't take any crap from the dealer, tell them this is the 4th time its been in for this repair and you won't take the car back until its fixed. You can also call AOA (audi of america) and they will send the technical director out to fix your car for you.

Big Diesel A8L 07-13-2009 12:00 PM

This might be a elementary fix however I did have a problem with the spare in my 2005 (slow leak). The MMI will show you if you've got a low tire - have you checked them?

Elementary I know....but I fell victim to this easy fix and felt a little embarrassed after filling up the spare.

DUTCHPEET 07-16-2009 02:31 PM

Tire pressure

Thanks Guys,

My car is back at Audi. See what they come up with this time.
I checked all pressures manually just to make sure there are no embarrising moments.

A8 LOOONG 07-28-2009 10:37 AM

hmmmmmmm, slow leak?

Sure, but the MMI will show that only the spare is deflating. Not just "any" tire. There are Lithium batteries in the tire sensors. I wonder if one or more could have gone bad. If the dealer already replaced these, then that's not the problem. Sounds like the receiver for the 5 signals is bad, or something else in the MMI is bad. He may be in line for a new MMI!:eek: This would be good news, of course, if Audi covered that under warranty.:) Bad news if they didn't.:eek::mad::mad::eek::( followed by more :eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Originally Posted by Big Diesel A8L (Post 1104177)
This might be a elementary fix however I did have a problem with the spare in my 2005 (slow leak). The MMI will show you if you've got a low tire - have you checked them?

Elementary I know....but I fell victim to this easy fix and felt a little embarrassed after filling up the spare.