AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A8 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/)
-   -   A trasnmission warranty (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a8-10/trasnmission-warranty-11616/)

tuaudi 06-18-2005 08:36 PM

A trasnmission warranty

I have an 2000 A8 4.2, 44K mi, with a transmission that has a very rough down shift from 2nd into 1st on coast down, a discernable "clunk" that has been getting worse, and which now no doubt stresses the entire driveline. On one occasion, in 2nd or 3rd gear during coast down mode (about 20 mph), I accelerated hard, and the transmission suddently went out of gear. Otherwise the transmission opeates correctly. I visited the audi dealor, and turns out the transmission was leaking and low on fluid (though no fluid on garage floor), and the filter was dirty, so filter and fluid were replaced under warranty, but no chang in behavior or transmission.
Anyone else experiencing similar problems (trans leaking, hard shifting, trasnmission dis-engaging under hard acceleration at low speed)? Any experience in dealing with Audi USA on transmission warranty?

Thanks.

YuNodat 08-26-2007 08:53 PM

RE: A trasnmission warranty

TU,

I don't have thedown shiftproblem,mine's is shiftingclunking from2nd to 3rd gear in D or S. I get this shifting that is felt at any speed (hard or soft) acceleration consistently. My car is in the shop with Audi, I have approx 49K miles on it, so it's close to the factory warranty expiring - not to mention I just bought the car a month ago. I made very sure that they knew - I will NOT be taking the car home if I feel even the slightest issue with the tranny. I honestly don't believe a car that costs close to $80k should even fart by accident!!

So, I'll try to drop you a line and let you know what they find out. Not sure if they are going to do an update to the tranny thru the computerto adjust the shifting rpm's or just change the fluid. But I'll check in with u in a few days and let you know what happens.

But it wouldn't hurt to take the car back to the shop and let them diagnose it.

BTW, I had to take the service manager and his technician on a test drive to show them exactly what was happening, because they had the car for 2 days before that and said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. After the test drive, they had a clear understanding of what my concern was.

Good Luck,

Brian

auditech79 08-26-2007 09:35 PM

Hey YuNodat, im sure he would really appreciate that info very much, but your replying to a 2 year old thread so i don't think he's gonna see it. Good info though ;)

YuNodat 08-26-2007 09:49 PM

Hey auditech79, I get the BONEHEAD of the weekend award!!!

I was rifling through threads about tranny's because mines is in the shop, I didn't stop to read the thread dates!

Oh well. Appreciate the heads up bro!

Hopefully someone will get something out of this.

Have a good rest of the weekend!

Brian