Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Would you buy???

Old 03-04-2007, 07:30 AM
BZ
Default Would you buy???

Can you guys give me your opinion on this one? Carfax says two owners and 2nd owner was a lease.Was a Colorado car but now being sold in WA. Would you buy it??

http://www.pignataro.com/vehicle.asp...&page=next

Also are these cars more expensive to maintain then a 7 series bimmer? Thanks for any feed back

Old 03-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Default RE: Would you buy???

very nice car and yes I would buy it if I needed one,
the v8 is a different animal regardless if it were a bimmer/Lexus/Audi or yank tank and if they go wrong then you can expect bigger repair costs unless you DIY but they do have a good reputation for longevity life span if maintained correctly which goes for any car/engine

Old 03-04-2007, 06:51 PM
BZ

When I went to test drive the car and it wouldn't start, the saleguy said the battery was dead so hejumped it. I test drove it for 10-15 min, and went to talk numbers with the guy.I went back to the car and it wouldn't start again, they say the battery is only a few months old?? Does that make sense? What else could it be?Could it be a timing belt how can I know when that was done? It has 90K on it.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:01 PM
1st Gear

Link doesnt work.....

Old 03-04-2007, 08:22 PM
BZ

http://www.pignataro.com/browse.aspx...l&Model=A8

Try this link, you will need to pick the make and model but there is only 1 A8. Is this car worth the price? $15k said and done

Old 03-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Senior Administrator

For teh year and teh mileage, that seems to be a fairly decent price, IMHO. Does it happen to come with a service history? It's RIGHT AT the mileage where Audi recommends a timing-belt replacement. Has THAT been done yet? If so, can they PROVE IT?!?!? You're looking at right around $1K, if you take it to a private garage, parts & labor, add about another 1/2K, or more, for Audi service, DOUBLE THOSE guesstimates (minimum) IF the t/b breaks and you need a motor rebuild.

The cost seems comensuraet with teh year/mileage, but you might wanna push for a price break if they can't PROVE the t/b was already replaced, because, if not, you're GONNA NEEDA GETTA new one put in, SOONEST!!!

Old 03-05-2007, 01:13 PM
BZ

Thanks for the response AWD. Any ideas on why the car might not start with a new battery in it? Stealer claims because the car sat for a month. Drained the battery, but thatdoesn't sound right...When you turn the key it would just click, but he jumped it and it started right up?!?

Old 03-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Senior Administrator

Cud be a dead cell. Meh!..., it happens! rare, but it happens. If the car sat, and wasn't started, and people were in and out of it, playin teh radio, movin th seats around, generally screwing wit schitt, yeah, I cud see the bat-tree getting VERY shallow in only a month. If one of teh cells was already weak, too, it'd never RILLY hold a full charge, ever again. Not in it's current state. (gettit, "current... LoL... ummm... no pun intended!) Might hold enuff to keep teh clock running, but these puppies need a few hundred amps to turn teh crank... If it's gone VERY shallow, there won't be enough amperage to bump the solenoid (the clickin sound you mentioned), to engage the starter. The clock'd still work, tho

Ask them to put a *new* battery in, and let it sit for a week. If it drains THAT ONE, TOO, there's a serious short, somewhere, that they'll need to track down, and fix, before you'd want to commit to any ca$h exchanging hands.

Search this Thread