Audi Q3 Compact Crossover SUV

Why no 2019 "redesigned" model talk??

Old 11-16-2018, 09:15 AM
1st Gear
Default Why no 2019 "redesigned" model talk??

I'm really interested in seeing and test driving the newly redesigned 2019 Q3 that's supposed to go on sale in the second quarter of next year. I've seen all the video reviews and it looks very exciting. Has anyone been in Europe driven one? Just curious since there's been no chatter on the Forum.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:40 AM
1st Gear

Seriously?....no 2019 "redesigned" model talk....Seriously?

Old 12-04-2018, 11:36 PM
1st Gear

You have me I have watched all the youtube videos and read the reviews too. Looking forward to seeing the car in person and hope it comes to the US sooner than the 2nd half of 2019. Just not sure if I can wait that long.might give in and get something else but it is my first choice if my new job comes thru.

For me it is the technology and features as much as anything else. I was looking at the RDX but it does not support Android Play . For some reason Acura decided to go with a touchpad that was not compatible and they have spent more than 6 months trying to get it to work with Google and still nothing. The salesman got kind of Pissy when I told him no Android no sale.

I do hope that it comes with a higher output engine. The Tiguan reviews all say it is a little sluggish. I did test drive a Diesel Q5 and it just felt too large and the turbo lag was really bad.

So for right now the Q3 is my top car but it will also depend on when it becomes available too.

We can just keep replying to each others post and make this thread one of the most active

i like this video among others

What color do you like?

Old 12-10-2018, 08:44 AM
1st Gear

I typically buy metalic white cars. I agree the only negatives I've read in the past are comments about the engine being a bit "lacking". Hopefully the new engine and transmission combo they are putting in the 2019 Q3 will be better than previous set ups. Unlike you, I have more time to wait before I buy again so IF the new Q3 doesn't do it for me then I'll wait until the new 2020 redesign of the Q5 and buy that one.

Old 12-10-2018, 08:59 AM
1st Gear

Yes I hope the engine is better, I live at 5,000' so most cars are a bit laggy with the turbo it can adjust it just takes more time. I have a plug in EV right now with 70K miles and the battery is showing quite a bit of wear, I may not be able to wait. The Acura RDX was another car I was looking at but they released the car before they realized that Android Auto would not work with their touchpad!

Old 12-12-2018, 11:31 AM
1st Gear

Too many issues with the NEWLY REDESIGNED Acura RDX......you should check out a few RDX owners forums.....lots of engine, rear tailgate and navigation issues. Lots just complain that no FULL Owners Manual is included, just an abbreviated one. Check out some forums!!

Old 01-12-2019, 10:18 AM
1st Gear

I hear crickets.......lol, no interest I guess.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:17 AM
1st Gear

I just joined this forum specifically for that reason...the 2019 Q3. Interestingly, last Summer I was VERY close to purchasing the re-designed 2019 Acura RDX, which is very nice, and had me captivated after reading reviews. I test drove one and really thought it was awesome. BUT, I waited to see what new problems would arise. Yes, there are some bugs that need to be worked out. I decided to wait until the 2020 model comes out what tweaks they make. So I happened to see a video on the 2019 Q3, and it turned my head. I am not a fan of the previous Q3, but this new design (especially interior) was quite impressive. I do also potentially worry about a sluggish engine, but we will have to see what they release here in the US. The RDX engine has 272 HP, which is quite a bit more than the current 2019 Q3 released in Europe (184 HP base model, and 228 HP for the upgraded engine).

While I realize the Q5 is probably in the same size range as the RDX, the 2019 Q3 has been made 4" longer, and it will be priced less than the RDX according to estimates. I will at least wait to see and drive the Q3 before deciding. The local Audi dealer told me he expects the 2019 Q3 in May or soon after.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:13 AM
1st Gear

WOW....finally someone else added a comment....I thought I was just talking to myself...LOL.

From all the videos I've watched, the re-design looks great (except there's no cover to hide the two cup holders in the console when not in use...LOL) But, you are correct in saying the current Q3 engine is under powered and only a test drive of the new Q3 will tell for sure if the new engine is also under powered or not. The design is a "winner" I think, hopefully the engine will be a good too. As far as the RDX is concerned, I'm following a blog on that car too and from what I've read there are just too many serious "new car" complaints and issues. Having said that, I'd probably wait awhile before buying the new Q3 for the same reason. Best to let Audi work out some of the new car "bugs". IF I wait until October I'll be able to compare the new Q3 and the 2020 Q5.....(too bad they aren't doing a redesign of the Q5 for 2020....I prefer the nav screen to be built in the dash and not look like an iPad velcro'd on....LOL))

OOOPS.....I just noticed in several of the reviews (I hope I'm wrong) but it appears that the new Q3 uses an IGNITION KEY and not a button with a wireless FOB!!!......could this really be?!?!.....no "start button" like 95% of all other cars! Hopefully since all of the videos were shot in Europe, the USA version will have a "start button" (ie: newer technology).

Last edited by Rob175; 01-30-2019 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:58 AM
1st Gear

I sort of HOPE that since this redesigned Q3 is out in Europe since last Summer, that would be their "de-bugging" time for our US version. I really don't want to wait any longer to purchase, since I was ready to buy last Summer and waited. I am handing down my Kia Optima to my son. I would assume the start button will be for US versions. There could be a new contender that pulls me away from the Q3 or RDX but I can't see any yet. I really think Acura will release the 2020 RDX with some nice fixes, new color combos, and better stock wheels on the Advance package, which is the top of the line (but has UGLY *** wheels).

The RDX will come out in June/July...so if I am not happy with the Q3 in May/June release, it won't be a big wait for the RDX.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why no 2019 "redesigned" model talk??