Audi Q3 Compact Crossover SUV

Why no 2019 "redesigned" model talk??

Old 02-01-2019, 10:53 AM
1st Gear

I'm concerned about the RDX as Acura has a history of moving slowly to "fix" stuff on previous Acura models. Having said that, my "game plan" is to test drive the new 2019 Q3 once it arrives at dealerships in May/June. IF I'm not 100% sold on it, I might wait a few more months until I can see the 2020 Q5 and note any significant design changes. I'm kinda hoping that Audi will re-design the dash and nav placement on the Q5 to be similar to the new Q3 or many of the new "A" series sedans. I just don't like the nav/control screens that sit up on the dash....they all look like velcro'd on "after thoughts". Most of the new cars incorporate the screen into the dash and my guess is that ALL will design it that way within the next couple of years.

Old 03-14-2019, 04:15 PM
1st Gear

I am looking forward to the Q3 landing here in Canada sometime June/July I was told. I looked at a 2015 Q3 and ended up with a Q5 S-Line instead and love it. It is coming to the end of it's warranty in April so I am thinking about my next ride. Any thoughts on keeping Audi's beyond 4-years? My Q5 has been great, so maybe I would be foolish to part with it.

I saw the 2019 Q3 at the auto show and it seemed much bigger inside than the original Q3. The tech was awesome and it seemed to have the best spot for my phone over anything else I saw at this years show and a wireless charger in that same spot!
Any idea if ventilated seats are an option on the Q3?
How about memory seats?

I checked out a Tiguan last night and the sliding/reclining back seats similar to the new Q3 seemed pretty awesome. Tons of room when the seats are fully forward.

Looking at the Tiguan (the practical side of me), the Q3 and Q5 and also have test driven a Macan. I know, quite a spread from the Tiguan to Macan.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:19 AM
1st Gear

Interesting to learn that you saw a 2019 at your auto show. Here at the Chicago show they didn't display it and that was disappointing. In your post you referred to " coming to the end of it's warranty"..... That's interesting because I last owned an Audi 20 years ago and I kept it for almost 8 years, racking up 144,000 miles on it when I finally bought a Lexus. I must say that after the warranty expired, it got VERY expensive to work on. Because I typically keep a car past its warranty, I'm always concerned about cost of maintenance.

Old 03-15-2019, 12:39 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Rob175
Interesting to learn that you saw a 2019 at your auto show. Here at the Chicago show they didn't display it and that was disappointing. In your post you referred to " coming to the end of it's warranty"..... That's interesting because I last owned an Audi 20 years ago and I kept it for almost 8 years, racking up 144,000 miles on it when I finally bought a Lexus. I must say that after the warranty expired, it got VERY expensive to work on. Because I typically keep a car past its warranty, I'm always concerned about cost of maintenance.
Yes, here in Toronto they had the Q3 on the floor and I sat in it. It seemed nice at first glance with a decent amount of room for my 6'-0" / 200 Lb build.
The cost of post-warranty repairs are a concern for sure. I have keep the car in great shape and have been diligent getting service - I bought Audi Care and my final 70KM (43K Miles) maintenance will be in September of this year, five months post warranty expiration.
My Q5 might be problem free for a year or beyond but maybe not. There is a cost to getting peace of mind. On the flip side a new car can have issues too, I have been lucky with my Q5 and our second driver - a 2016 Jetta.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:41 PM
1st Gear

I know this is "a no-no" on an Audi site but I'm also considering the Jeep Cherokee w/ the top trim line (loaded $42,500 US MSRP). It's been more than 40 yrs since I last owned an American built car and I know their quality has improved. So much as I'm interested in the new Q3, realistically I know it will be more $$ and more expensive to service. I'll know more once I see it and drive it. I know the current Q3 is (IMHO) under-powered so I hope the new one isn't and obviously the price is a concern too. My dealer who knows me well has already told me that the best he thinks he can do is only "3% off sticker since it's a brand new model.....IF that turns out to be true, I know now that would be a deal breaker.......but time will tell.

Old 07-12-2019, 04:47 PM
1st Gear

Chicago area Audi are listing the 2019 Q3. they show in transit from port. so about 30days around august

Old 07-12-2019, 04:48 PM
1st Gear
Old 07-25-2019, 10:22 AM
1st Gear

Thx...I took your advice and went to Fletcher Jones and saw the newly redesigned 2019 Q3 (strangely the 2020 labeled cars will be there in Nov). I didn't take a test drive because that dealership is in the city and just off some busy, traffic clogged streets with pot holes etc.....just not a good area to "wring out" a car on a test drive. I'll wait till they arrive at a dealership in the suburbs where I can really test it out.

Its nice looking and seems, at first sight, to be nicely sized. Hopefully the 2.0 turbo engine will have more power than the "dog" engine in the previous Q3 had. The only slight disappointment were the seats. They were "plain" looking...."minimalist" would be my word to describe them. No nice stitching, very flat seat and back cushions just solid plain leather/fake leather. I wish the sport seats were available in all the other trims (I viewed a Premium Plus) The other (minor) negative were the two drink holders in the center console that don't have a cover so they become "garbage collectors" in my eyes unlike in the Q5's that have covers. I know it's a small point but I like a more thoughtful, finished look. It's not a deal breaker but still......

I'll have a better idea once I drive it. Has anyone driven a new one?

Old 07-25-2019, 01:00 PM
1st Gear

I know what you mean about the traffic and potholes( did you see those potholes when leaving the dealer) I live in that area. I mentioned FJ because as a Cub fan I assummed you lived in Chicago. It was good to see a Q3 in the flesh. Your negatives are probably because Audi had cut costs to reach that price point. It certainly

doesn't reach the high level of a Q5, but I'll live with for the price. I believe the engine is probably the same as the GTI and GLI since it outputs 228HP and not 180hp like the old one. Like you I'll probably go a suburbs for a test drive and when more models trickle in. The only fly in the ointment is the VW Tigiuan. I'm seeing 5 to 6 thousand dollar discounts, where you can get a fully loaded one for$ 32,000 and that 6 year, 72,0000 mile warranty is pretty good. My wife was leaning towards the Tiguan, until she saw the Q3. she offered to give the difference for the Q3.

Old 11-21-2019, 08:39 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Rob175
I typically buy metalic white cars. I agree the only negatives I've read in the past are comments about the engine being a bit "lacking".
Easily remedied for about $600 https://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_u...tsi_trans.html

I drove a 2020 Q3 Premium and really liked the interior layout. Waiting to see a Prestige with the Sport Seats, etc.