AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi Q5 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-q5-76/)
-   -   2013 Q5 Diesel North America - European Delivery? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-q5-76/2013-q5-diesel-north-america-european-delivery-189416/)

QS5 11-16-2012 03:47 PM

2013 Q5 Diesel North America - European Delivery?

Hi,

I am new to the forum - just joined today - and am planning on taking an ED for Q5 Diesel the Summer of 2013 - available?

I would prefer a Piedmont Triad (Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh) NC Dealer, does anyone know/have an experience with any dealer in this area?

Alternatively, I can consider an out of state dealer too if the dealer has a 2-3 year long no-hassle track record that a few can confirm.

I just happened to visit Flow Audi in Greensboro, NC, a couple of Saturdays back and there was nobody to greet us or treat us right! Two salesmen ("client advisors" I presume, the reception desk was empty) on the floor acted too busy with two other potential buyers to take any notice of us at all even though both my wife and I were impeccably dressed and just waited well mannered for 15 minutes for someone to at least acknowledge our presence. We just left the shop in the end unattended!

Frankly, I felt quite offended by such a cold/rude reception. This is the case when I want to buy a 50-60K car, what when I want to resolve any problem with that same car later? Is this typical of Audi dealerships?

I am a happy 2011 BMW 335 Convertible owner - took an ED and had a time of my life driving on the Autobahns first then later top down on the winding roads of Cote d'Azur that summer. Local BMW dealership is very courteous though not very great in getting the issue resolved in shortest time nor least number of visits. But so far so good - didn't have to pay a $ yet, apart from the original purchase!

However, want to try Audi Q5 or A6 since they are so bragged about in last couple of years and also for a variety.

Please advise.

Thanks,
PK

HerrK 11-22-2012 11:38 PM

PK,

The recent press announcement for the LA Auto show indicates the Q5 TDI will not be available until fall 2013. Time will tell. We were hopeing for an earlier release ourselves as we'd like to do Oktoberfest and pick up the new Q5 TDI. Previously did ED's with BMW, latest our 2011 Z4. Looking for a new ride for the family now. The Audi ED program doesn't seem to be quite as well organized as BMW's. Don't be so shy in the showroom. Haven't experienced any communication problems at the Audi dealerships in the SoCal region.

QS5 11-27-2012 01:39 PM

Thank you HerrK. Any idea what others are talking about VAT prepayment and refund on US pickup? How could that be applicable only to AUDI and not BMW or other German car makers facilitating ED?

Wonder what your choice alternative to Q5 TDI is.

I am totally zapped by the QS5 - I keep watching the promo HD video streams from YouTube on my bedroom TV right after getting up on the weekend mornings - wish didn't have to choose between QS5 and son's college - of course, the winner could be QS5 had it not been the lost battle between consumers v/s producers (i. e. mom+son v/s loser :mad:)
PK