Audi Q5 The Audi Q5, aerodynamics have never looked so good.

Issues with Mirrors on 2014 Q5 TDI

Old 12-12-2013, 09:20 PM
1st Gear
Default Issues with Mirrors on 2014 Q5 TDI

I purchased a 2014 Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus on July 25, 2013. Shortly after taking delivery, I noticed that the image in the mirrors would appear to vibrate as if I had huge sub woofers in the back and become very blurry. The rear view mirror was much worse than the side mirrors. This was especially noticeable on bumpy roads, which unfortunately, the midwest has. Now the side mirrors are getting worse.

On August 6, 2013, I took the vehicle into the dealership and complained about the mirrors. I was told that there was nothing wrong with them. As I continued to drive the vehicle, the issue with the mirrors became worse. On October 14, 2013, I took the vehicle in for my 5K mile checkup and complained about the mirror. Again, I was told there was nothing wrong. I didn’t accept that excuse. I requested the Audi technician that worked on my vehicle physically come with me on a test drive.

The Audi technician sat behind me and he finally saw what I was seeing and contacted his Audi technical support for assistance. They suggested he drive comparable vehicles to determine if it’s my vehicle or if it’s a greater problem. Those other vehicles were apparently worse than mine, so it appears this is a bigger problem. The Audi technician called Audi technical support back and explained his findings; however, Audi technical support said there was nothing they could do. When I asked the dealership for the case number so I could contact Audi directly, the dealership said they don't give out case numbers to customers as those case numbers are for communication between the dealership and Audi.

I spent a lot of money on this vehicle – my first luxury vehicle and my first experience with the Audi brand – and to have this vital piece of equipment fail on me is a bit disconcerting. I'm about at the point that I want to trade in this vehicle, and go to another manufacturer who’s mirrors do not have the same problems Audi’s does.

I'm wondering if it isn't something electrical with the auto dimming feature of the mirror; however, when I turn off the auto dimmer, it doesn't really get any better.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, how'd you get it resolved?

Thanks.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:56 PM
1st Gear

Hi,
I also own a 2014 Q5 Premium Plus but with the 2 liter gas engine. Extremely happy! I also own an A7 which didn't have the electronics for the rear view camera. I then contacted Audi at 18668922834 and they were very helpful. I believe that they may help with your strange problem. Good luck.
halp