Audi Q5 The Audi Q5, aerodynamics have never looked so good.

Navigation in another country

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 05:29 AM
1st Gear
Default Navigation in another country

I bought a new audi q5 from Usa and now i drive it in Mongolia. The navigation does not work here because it has canada, usa and mexico maps. Is there any way i can update the maps and use my navigation here in Mongolia? It is in central asia, fyi. Thanks

Old 08-02-2012, 09:48 AM
1st Gear

I do not think you will be able to use the system in Mogolia, when I bought my Q5 here in Germany I had to switch to a German version (the multimedia part where the cd and sd card slot are) Because I live in Germany for now, I sold my American system in e-Bay since I'm not planning to go back any time soon. If you are planning to stay in Mongolia the only other option you may have is to use a portable navigation or purchase a sytem for the country, you can not just load the maps like in the old systems.

I hope I help you some, have a nice day!

Old 08-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Former Sponsor

I ran into this lately with a customer that had a car from the UK and was moving to New Zealand. Just as movie DVD players are set to different regions based on their use around the world, the nav module has a region it's meant to work with for nav DVD's in certain countries. So you will have to buy the nav module and DVD from the country you intend to live in.

What is strange and I don't know if this can be done, is my customer told me he was able to convert his UK (region 2) nav module to accept DVD's from New Zealand (region 4), 2 different region codes. He called me up looking to buy just the DVD for region 4, Asia, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

I can only order and sell parts for the North American market. I couldn't even order the discs so I couldn't help him. This is why you would need to deal with a dealer in the country you will be moving to in order to get the discs you need from Audi. Again, I don't know if it's even possible to code the module for a different region, this is just what he told me he was able to do.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:35 PM
1st Gear

thank you