Audi Q5 The Audi Q5, aerodynamics have never looked so good.

Q5 brakepads (and brake light)

Old 07-14-2012, 09:20 PM
1st Gear
Default Q5 brakepads (and brake light)

Hello,
I drive the Q5 (3.2 - 2010 model) and I have a quick question regarding the brake pads for the more knowledgeable folks on the forum.

I took it to 35K service few weeks ago and the dealer recommended that the front brake-pads are worn out and need to be replaced. Rear pads were worn too but were not under <5mm. Wouldn't the brake warning light turn on if the front pads were so worn out and need to be replaced soon?

Anyway, for some reason, the way he explained it to me, I didn't trust him and wanted to get a second opinion. In the worst case, I thought I would wait for the red-light to turn on and get it replaced (dealership is ~10 miles from my home and office).

This was few weeks ago and I forgot to get second opinion. Long story short, I have a 150 mile (round-trip) day-trip tomorrow and started freaking out about it. In case, the light does get turned on during the trip, will I be safe to come back home and get it checked out.

Is it too risky? Can someone clarify?

Thanks for the help.
Xanadu
PS: And yes, I will get them replaced early next week - not worth this tension :-)

Old 08-22-2012, 11:24 PM
1st Gear

even when the brake pad light comes on, you should be okay to complete your trip. but judging by the date of this post, you probably already changed them