AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi Q7 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-q7-66/)
-   -   2015 Audi Q7 Steering Wheel Vibration and Shake (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-q7-66/2015-audi-q7-steering-wheel-vibration-shake-229212/)

rylowellington 10-20-2018 07:58 PM

2015 Audi Q7 Steering Wheel Vibration and Shake

I have a 2015 Audi Q7 Prestige S-Line with about 45,000 miles. Recently replaced tires with mount and balance, and 4-wheel alignment. Tires were replaced in an attempt to correct a vibration from the steering wheel between 60-75mph. Issue failed to resolve. Wheels have no bends or issues.

Anyone had any luck diagnosing and correcting the issue?

flexstar 02-04-2019 09:53 PM

Vibration usually indicates wheel balance issue. Has the car ever been in an accident particularly the front end?

WheyProtein 02-06-2019 02:34 PM

When doing an alignment, they should have checked the other components before doing the alignment: sway bar link, ball joint, hub etc.

Assuming they do business properly and its none of those issues, its usually a tire/wheel issue at those speeds.

Maybe rotate tires front to back and re-balance at a different shop?

Could be anything else from motor mounts to a differential but its generally a tire/wheel issue at those speeds.

Bisucas 10-28-2020 07:14 PM

I had a similar problem almost since the day I received my car. Two years later, when I was already used to that vibration, I had the tires changed. Upon inspection, and as the tire shop attempted to align all four wheels, they noticed a cracked ribber bushing on the front left suspension wishbone. By then it had also suffered minor damage. Audi replaced the whole suspension under the extended warranty contract. After collecting the vehicle from the dealer's workshop I felt like I was driving a completely different car!

Jason Pearce 02-14-2021 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by rylowellington (Post 1520904)
I have a 2015 Audi Q7 Prestige S-Line with about 45,000 miles. Recently replaced tires with mount and balance, and 4-wheel alignment. Tires were replaced in an attempt to correct a vibration from the steering wheel between 60-75mph. Issue failed to resolve. Wheels have no bends or issues.

hi
I do not know if this will help but I have just cured my steering wheel shake and it was down the the heater/fan blower my steering had been shaking from when I bought the car and I to thought it was down to the tires need balancing or I had an issue with the spacers I currently have on my Q7, I had all these looked at and the result was the same, anyway November last year the blower fan started to work for about 10 seconds only and would stop, upon the garage looking at the blower they noticed that most of the screws that held in the blower were missing and was only being held in by 2/3, I new blower was ordered replacement screws inserted and I no longer have any shakes through the steering wheel.

Hope this helps (it may not fix your problem but it's worth a look)

Bisucas 02-14-2021 03:28 PM

I had the same issue with my Q7 2015 model (4L). I have the TFSI 3.0L 333Hp version, and suffered from steering wheel vibrations almost since I bought it. Everything was attempted, from re-balancing and re-aligning the wheels but to no avail. Two years later, when I replaced the tyres, the Pirelli garage noticed that a rubber bushing on the left suspension arm was cracked. Since the vehicle was under warranty (the day I collected it from the dealer they offered me an extension from 3 to 5 years warranty free of charge), they decided to replace the suspension arm. It took me a couple of days and when I drove it out of the service center I felt like I was driving a completely different car, no matter what speed, It was a much smoother ride, I tell you that!
I suggest you have your suspension arm rubber bushings inspected just in case.

Let us know how it went.

BobbWell 09-27-2021 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by rylowellington (Post 1520904)

My Audi S3 also met the vibration problem at high speed ever, and I also had tried to replace my stock wheels but it didn't work. Anyway, in November last year I fitted with BONOSS hub-centric forged wheel spacers as a try, respectively 12mm in front and 15mm in the rear, then the vibration surprisingly vanished. Though I have no clear explanation about why, if you really have no idea, high-quality and correct-installed wheel spacers could be an alternative choice.
Good luck!

lloyden 10-06-2021 10:03 PM

If the wheels/tires are good, it could be a suspension-related issue.