Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

Audi Q7 4.2TDI Oil Leak

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 08:09 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi Q7 4.2TDI Oil Leak

I have a 2010 Audi Q7 and have had it serviced at Audi however, lately I got recommended to a local service Place and these gentlemen brought to my attention Oil Leaks in the car from the right hand side. The local guys told me that the car has extended warranty though National Warranty Service so get the car back to Audi and have them repair the car.

I got a booking after 4 weeks and was told that the hose to the Turbo had a leak and needs to be replaced. That got done however, got a call next day telling me that the Rocker Cover gasket is
leaking and in order to change that, 4 injectors need to come out and be replaced and all the rubber seals would need to be changed. National Warranty Service came back and said that gaskets and rubber seals are not covered so I had to pay for that portion of the repair.

What I can't understand that a car worth so much and only 7 years old with 76,000km having leaks in gaskets! Especially on a car that asks so much in price, it's pathetic.

Verdict, I ended up out of pocket $1500.00AUD and Probably will not look at another Audi again.

Old 07-16-2020, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by nand787
I have a 2010 Audi Q7 and have had it serviced at Audi however, lately I got recommended to a local service Place and these gentlemen brought to my attention Oil Leaks in the car from the right hand side. The local guys told me that the car has extended warranty though National Warranty Service so get the car back to Audi and have them repair the car.

I got a booking after 4 weeks and was told that the hose to the Turbo had a leak and needs to be replaced. That got done however, got a call next day telling me that the Rocker Cover gasket is
leaking and in order to change that, 4 injectors need to come out and be replaced and all the rubber seals would need to be changed. National Warranty Service came back and said that gaskets and rubber seals are not covered so I had to pay for that portion of the repair.

What I can't understand that a car worth so much and only 7 years old with 76,000km having leaks in gaskets! Especially on a car that asks so much in price, it's pathetic.

Verdict, I ended up out of pocket $1500.00AUD and Probably will not look at another Audi again.
I have the same problem with my turbo oil feed line leaking!!
Did they have to pull the engine out to change the oil feed line?

Old 07-16-2020, 05:19 PM
1st Gear

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you have the same issue. I ended up not taking it to Audi as some of their procedures is a little excessive and hence expensive. I took it to a shop in Five Dock and they were able to get it done with too much of drama and was lighter on the wallet. I can forward you details if you were interested.