Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

MY 2015 Q7 4.2tdi V8 - Transmission troubles

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 09:50 AM
1st Gear
Unhappy MY 2015 Q7 4.2tdi V8 - Transmission troubles

I have had the car since december 2015 and have clocked 47000kms on it so far without any problems whatsoever. Here are a few details about my use;

daily kms approx: 60-100
use: urban (heavy traffic), highway (heavy traffic), long road trips (5500kms on open highways with little traffic)
offroading: never
usual road condition: tarmac/dirt

Last month I was on an open highway on a road trip and I shifted to the fast lane to overtake a vehicle, I gave it half the gas to speed up and it did so normally until it crossed 70kmph, then the acceleration started fluctuating and would eventually bring it down below 70kmph. The problem persisted and I had to return the car to the shop. They said they might have to change the trans fuel. But on delivery said they didn't have to and the problem was fixed once they attached the computer and reset the values.

last week, the same thing happened in the city. Now they have communicated the problem with audi india and are running tests on the car and can't seem to point out the problem to the last bit. Also, lately i have noticed the throttle response wasn't like when the car was mint and my fuel economy has dropped.

Anyone ever faced this with my particular model or any audis in general?

I love the car and I love taking it out on road trips. This problem however has now rendered it unreliable. I don't want to break down in the middle of no where with an auto V8 SUV that has a nuts transmission.

The reason I took to the forum is I want to be on point on the case so that I can restore my faith in my care by making sure that what they have done is correct and I won't be stranded with my beloved car in inconvenient locations and situations.

Looking forward to any insights I can get .

THANKS
R