AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi Q7 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-q7-66/)
-   -   Q7 2016 Modell & Carplay or Android Car (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-q7-66/q7-2016-modell-carplay-android-car-217506/)

LMQ7 08-19-2015 06:27 AM

Q7 2016 Modell & Carplay or Android Car

Hi there,

I've just got my new Q7 2016 modell with Audi connect options and phone box. The first thing I wanted to try out was the carplay function by connecting my iphone 6 plus, unfortunately this didn't work. Everything else works just fine. Anyone has a clue what the problem could be. Note: I also tried to connect my Galaxy S6 edge, but still I don't see the menu to start it. I did remove all the passwords on the phone.

Would be great to hear someone with more experience on this topic!

BR,
LMQ7

girba 08-20-2015 02:32 PM

CarPlay Audi q7

Hi,

i have a new q7 with the connected options and i also tried to connect a iphone 6 plus and a Xperia z3 compact and there is no option to activate carplay or android auto. Can we have any help on that?

KR

Girba

LMQ7 08-21-2015 03:25 AM

Hi, I was dropping by Audi yesterday and they themselves didn't know that this option is not really showing up on the main screen. They claim that during their own training in Germany this was working for them just fine. At the end some of the guys there found out that Audi wrote somewhere that this function will be available by the end of this week, but what they don't know is how? the upgrade will prompt us to upgrade online? or if we have to visit Audi for an MMI upgrade? not yet clear... This is so far what I could find out.

girba 08-21-2015 08:10 AM

Here, in Portugal, the audi dealer explain to me that something will happen in week 35 but they do not know how it would be.
In som vídeos on youtube, i saw an option in the main menu of the MMI, in green, saying "Audi SamrtphoneInterface". This do not appear in my car. It appears in yours?

KG

Girba

LMQ7 08-21-2015 08:40 AM

Hi!

I know this video and NO nothing appears in my car -:( as well... Audi guys in Switzerland claimed the same as they also have told you in Portugal! It looks like we would have to be patient to get this update and after this function should become visible for us as well.

skywalker6732 08-22-2015 04:31 PM

First batch of Q7 does not come with CP or AA

Hi all,

I spend a lot of time on this issue, test drove 4 Q7s (all TDI 3.0) and never managed to get CarPlay or Android Auto to work. Today was my final visit to sign the contract for my white beauty and I wanted my dealer to show me how CP works in the car I was about to buy. "It does not", he said. Feedback from Ingolstadt was that the first batches from week 23 to week 26 did not get CP or AA installed because the software was not ready yet.

This was a deal breaker to me, so I asked to get confirmation if via OTA update, this can be updated later this year. Even if I have to take the car to the dealership so they can get their laptop hooked up to Q7 mainboard, I would not mind as long as it works. Feedback is outstanding, he will get back in touch with me on Monday when he hears from Audi HQs product manager. I'll share this feedback ASAP.

Any other Q7 you order today will come with CP/AA. But I don't want to wait until Jan 2016, this is the current waiting time. So hopefully it will be able to update. 2015 Audi Q7 review | first local drive: Car Reviews | CarsGuide

This article from Australia says it can't be updated...Let's cross our fingers it does, too.

If not possible, this will kill resell value 3-5 years from now because CP/AA will be like Bluetooth today: Standard.

LMQ7 08-22-2015 05:43 PM

Hi all,

I can't imagine that a software update won't be possible as there would be no need for any additional hardware, all needed prerequisite are there. The Carplay menu is not appearing, only because it is not yet activated by Audi. For sure, there were still lots of bugs in the software to solve before they activate it for the public.

Another witness example which I found it in Audi Connect proofs that they're not finish yet with their MMI software:

If you want to use all Audi Connect services you have to do following steps below:

- go to your local audi web site /myaudi and create an account there
- Verify your account where then you should get a pdf online tells you that this is the contract between you and Audi with a contract number etc...
- after you've done this, you need to install audi connect app on you smartphone and use the previous credentials on myAudi account to login to your Audi Connect app
- connect your smartphone to your car bluetooth
- start the application audi connect app and be sure that it is connected via bluetooth to your MMI
- Now, Audi claims as follow:

1- after you've prepared what I've wrote up, you need to start Audi Connect in your car show all available services in Audi Connect (do this in the car) and push the right click button on your touch pad
2- search for user management to enter your myAudi username AND the code you've got with your keys **** volks, this menu doesn't show up at all, I can't put in the code which is on the plastic key - all what I can do is to login using MMI to the myAudi account either with myAudi username and password or myAudi PIN and them both connected which is not enough to get all services activated! be aware that myAudi PIN is not the same as the code you've got on your plastic key.

Audi is doing here a miserable job, advertising big for functions which don't work or don't even exist for customers who buy care over 100K dollars! They deliver you a code, request from you to enter it in your MMI but you can't :-(

Anyway, I am excited about what the guy will tell you regarding the update...

LMQ7 08-24-2015 07:30 AM

Hi all,

Bad news to all who bought the new Q7 before 15th of August 2015. I had a long phone call with with Audi Germany today and they told me the following:

1. All Q7 which were ordered before 15.08.2015 have no Smartphone interface
  2. All Q7 which were ordered before 15.08.2015 can't submit the Audi Connect code in their MMI which would be needed for emergency services even you've got the code within your car :mad:
  3. For the moment there is no official retrofit from Audi :mad: - They also can't say if this will happen in the future.
  4. If you order the new Q7 after 15.08.2015, you need to order the Smartphone interface and the SOS services separate if you would want them.

I am very disappointed about the brand Audi as this is absolutely not acceptable at all and not professional as well. Such kind of important information should be known for all Audi sales man so that they can give the right information further to their customers, this wasn't the case, not because the sales agent has no clue but because of Audi information management which is really very bad!

cheers,
AA

skywalker6732 08-24-2015 02:33 PM

Ingolstadt confirmed today to my sales agent that it will not be possible to update the first batch of Q7 to CarPlay or Android Auto. If it's not on board when they come of the belt, it will not be possible to enable it later on.

This is really bad news and I agree, unacceptable for a brand like Audi. They really screwed this up. :mad:

skywalker6732 08-24-2015 02:38 PM

Hi! What do you mean with Smartphone interface? Not before the 15.8., this would mean only orders the were recently placed and will be delivered in December earliest will have this SOS feature.

What exactly is missing? You crash and your Q7 does not automatically call 911?

LMQ7 08-25-2015 05:25 AM

Hi, I mean, new this is the extra name which you have to order if you would want to use carplay or android auto. And yes, you got it right, only orders placed after 15.08.2015 would have the possibility to order the smartphone interface.

The SOS service would call your emergency service automatically in case of emergency, the button would be visible to the side, there where you can open the panorama glass. Also, there you would see another button for Audi service where the car would send all the information needed about your car (parts, etc..) to your Audi service with a single button push (see the manual for pics). All these, don't exist for all the Q7s which were ordered before the 15.08.2015.

So, for us it doesn't look good at all. No carplay / android auto possible. Also no SOS and Automatic Audi service config possible. Which would mean, the code which we have got is unusable and for nothing... Audi said t o me sorry for the mess :-(

girba 09-02-2015 05:23 PM

CarPlay or Android Car

Hi,
I'm still waiting for a formal answer from the representative here in Portugal. Any news from anyone?

stonestokie 09-08-2015 09:07 AM

All,

I am in the UK and have just collected my brand new Q7 in white. I can confirm that I have no SOS or Audi Service button at the top of the roof where I would expect and I too cannot get Car Play or Android working.

So it looks like we are bit a stuck here?. Are we 100% confirmed now we cannot get a SW update to bring Car Play??

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Andy J

boukob 11-09-2015 01:24 PM

Another forum with the same issue

Hello

Here is a link to another forum with angry customers.... :mad:
Audi really let us down on this and I don't whey they don't offer a retrofit. Here is my post from the other forum :

Same issue for me. At time of order (july) my dealer wasn't able to give me a correct answer and at the end he supposed that "audi smartphone interface" came standard with Audi Connect.... My Q7 arrived yesterday and off course it doesn't have the smartphone interface. I specifically asked at time of order that this option was mandatory for me to get !
I think Audi is misleading his customers (and the most loyal ones buy being early buyers) with false information. They started advertising this since CES Las Vegas in January 2015 !! and telling that the Q7 will be the first car to offer this feature.... .

I don't know how many of us are out there but maybe starting a petition could put pressure on them !? and they will release a retrofit. that all I'm asking !!!

boukob 11-10-2015 04:42 AM

sorry I just realized I forgot to past the link !
Apple CarPlay

kjagadee 12-21-2015 02:42 PM

Hi,

I am in the UK, collected my new factory ordered Q7 on 12th Nov (order was placed in Sep first week ). At that time I was under the impression that CP/AA will come as standard or with Phone box/Audi Connect. I have even asked this with dealer before placing the order, but they seems not having much information and started telling me 'i think it should', 'i hope'. Anyway the order was placed. By mid October I noticed that, 'Smart Phone Interface' is added as an option (via an updated brochure 1.4, but was not available in online configurator until mid of Nov). I immediately spoke with Audi customer support and they confirmed that, I cant update my factory order any more as it is already in the production week. Also I cannot add this once the car is out from factory, what a shame.

Now I have the next trouble in getting the Audi car control services (only available in the new Q7 and A4) enabled via Audi Connect (like lock/unlock, stat report, auxiliary heating control etc). Unable to find the 'Audi Connect User Administration' menu option in 'Audi Connect'.
Spoke with customer service, they confirmed that my 'myAudi' user is still treated as 'Guest' account not made as 'Primary Key User' even after the user verification process via myAudi web site. Other than this information Audi UK customer support was not helpful at all and just wasted my two weeks time. Now dealing with the dealer, even they are not having any clue ....one week with dealer now. Tomorrow going to dealer again, some other expert is going to have a look. I do not have much hope.

In MMI connect app login as demo mode, then select the Q7, you will see the red tabs which are for car control services, but not getting these options when I login with my actual 'myAudi' account. I suspect this is because I still not completed the user verification process by entering the pin number and vehicle code as explained in Owners manual (page# 233).

Did any one get these control services working in their (A4 or Q7), please update..... ?

Nalla 12-26-2015 04:33 PM

If you manage to get the extra audi connect services working please let me know how.

I'm also in the UK and have none of the extra features as shown in the demo even after doing the verification and entering of the mtan code and setting a pin.

Getting quite annoying.

nick644 12-31-2015 05:06 PM

Smartphone option for Q7

Ordered a new Q7 with pretty well all the options end of November. Thought the technology pack had the smartphone option as it hadn't been listed previously on the configurator and the dealer made no mention of the upgraded option which apparently had only just been introduced. Can't now change the order some four weeks later as its into the production build, (even though its Christmas/New Year...is the factory really open at this period??)

I am absolutely disgusted with Audi. They have relentlessly advertised compatibility with smartphones and how technologically advanced this car is mean't to be. Last year bought my wife a new S3. I have had 4 Audi's and consider myself a loyal customer. Clearly Audi couldn't give a damn about loyal customers. Only interested in new emerging markets, cheating emissions and tricking customers into buying products that aren't as technologically advanced as they suggest. As I've signed the contract, no way out of the purchase now. How I wish I'd bought a Volvo XC90, with their straight forward no frills configurator.

So very disappointed and angry at Audi. Why spend all this money on PR when they are systematically destroying their loyal customer base with lies and mis information?? Never will I buy another Audi again. I'll be looking to sell when I find a brand that cares about their customers and looks after them, perhaps Lexus or Tesla. We'll see. Mercedes have similar contempt for their customers,(had seven in a row until very bad dealer experiences put me off the brand), so I assume it's a German thing to behave so arrogantly towards their customers.

The least Audi could do is offer a retro upgrade on the smartphone option. Very happy to pay for the option which even now is hidden within the configurator. Should be included in the technology pack. Blindingly obvious even to a half wit. Who are Audi employing within the marketing department?? and why don't they tell their dealers of this hidden option and stop pissing off their customers???

Mao 01-02-2016 05:35 AM

Audi Connect Services and Apple Carplay in Q7 2016

It has all been said and it is true... I can confirm only a fraction of Audi connect services work. The rest like Carplay or Car management functions or Emergency functions or even remote independent heating via mobile app - no chance!

The problem with this is, that customers paid full price for something that does not exist. Also, the decision to choose among these expensive premium SUVs is often about these small details. I chose AQ7 because I've been lead to believe Audi's modern online safety and added value services work and they work much better and advanced than those in for example Range Rover Sport or Volvo XC90...

I have contacted Inglostadt and local importer and they confirmed it does not work - and it will not work. Not for 2015 Q7s at all. Their Central Units are manufactured without functions which allow access to sensitive information in the car.

No agreement from myAudi.com will help you and no PIN. I have tried it all numerous times. The functions are completely missing from MMI interface.

Audi is misusing their marketing and not telling authorized sellers the whole truth at the trainings they have for every new car being introduced for markets... And they are letting customers pay full price for something that does not exist.

What a shame.

The question is what now... The only thing customers could do is filing formal group complaint or a petition and ask for compensation or fix.

boukob 01-13-2016 10:31 AM

if there is a petition or a formal group complain I will be more than happy to sign it !

ponjalegre 01-17-2016 03:10 PM

Audi Smartphone Interface Upgrade

Sorry for my bad English... I´m Spanish...

I´m owner of Audi Q7 ordered in June 2015 and i thought like you that Audi Smartphone Interface was in the car without ask.
When i received the car obviusly i saw that i was wrong and my car didn´t have Audi Smarphone Interface.

I called to Audiclass Spain to ask why, and after 1 month the answered to me that i will could to upgrade in my dealer from the 22 th week in 2016 to get Audi Smartphone Interface.

Maybe the layed to me me but if i can help with the answered all of you to ask your Audi Country Dealer i´m very happy with that....

boukob 01-17-2016 03:43 PM

Much gracias for this information! I really hope this is true. Week 22 is in may so let us know kw as soon as you as an appointment with your dealer for doing the upgrade.

Originally Posted by ponjalegre (Post 1500252)
Sorry for my bad English... I´m Spanish...

I´m owner of Audi Q7 ordered in June 2015 and i thought like you that Audi Smartphone Interface was in the car without ask.
When i received the car obviusly i saw that i was wrong and my car didn´t have Audi Smarphone Interface.

I called to Audiclass Spain to ask why, and after 1 month the answered to me that i will could to upgrade in my dealer from the 22 th week in 2016 to get Audi Smartphone Interface.

Maybe the layed to me me but if i can help with the answered all of you to ask your Audi Country Dealer i´m very happy with that....

nick644 02-03-2016 02:39 AM

I also have an update on my Q7 order which I placed in November 2015. Like most here, I assumed the technology pack had the smartphone interface. I ordered the car using the UK configurator and gave the code to my dealer here in Andorra where I live. The car is being sourced from Audi France. All a bit complicated due to me not speaking French very well and Andorra being a very small country. A week after ordering the car, the UK configurator introduced the A7A smartphone option unbeknown to me. Having contacted my dealer early December, when I discovered this forum and realised the A7A option had recently been introduced, asking for the option to be added, I was informed I had missed the deadline. I decided contacted Audi Germany.

I am delighted to say that I have just been informed that the option has now been included, though the dealer wished to stress it is highly unusual to add an option so late in the build date. I did inform them that I had recently purchased a new S3 and that I have had several Audis in the past and consider myself a loyal customer. Perhaps that held some sway with those at the top or more likely, I have a feeling that after a certain build date, the A7A option is perhaps a simple upgrade? Maybe a software upgrade? Either way, I must say I am very happy with Audi customer service and hope that they will continue to emphasise customer service as we all know the Volkswagen group have suffered some pretty bad press with the whole emissions scandal, (though one suspects most car makers are fiddling the figures!). All in all, I am now a very happy customer, looking forward to collecting this exceptional car.

Syro 03-03-2016 02:54 PM

Anyone have any more news on these possible updates or retrofits?
Collected my car somewhere in October and whas hoping the car would be fitted with the Apple carplay/Android Auto system. Belgian dealer and importer have told me that this update will not come (few weeks ago).

So any news or help is welcome!

girba 04-12-2016 02:10 PM

Hi all,

My dealer in Portugal accepted the old Q7 and I bought a new one with the audi smartphone interface. One thing you can do is install a interface that permit mirror by wifi the display of the iPhone to the mmi display. I did it and is more useful than the CarPlay. It permits to use google maps which is better than the original maps app.

Kind regards,

Girba

Syro 04-12-2016 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by girba (Post 1502938)
Hi all,

My dealer in Portugal accepted the old Q7 and I bought a new one with the audi smartphone interface. One thing you can do is install a interface that permit mirror by wifi the display of the iPhone to the mmi display. I did it and is more useful than the CarPlay. It permits to use google maps which is better than the original maps app.

Kind regards,

Girba

Girba,

Can you perhaps give me some more info about how to install this mirror?

boukob 04-12-2016 03:19 PM

Yes ! I will also be happy to have more info on this mirror thing. any website ?
thanks

girba 04-12-2016 04:00 PM

You can see my interface working right here

https://www.facebook.com/119892448057807/videos/1026104517436591/

I bought to separate interfaces, one from http://www.navinc.nl which allows to input video into the mmi interface ( hdmi, additional cameras or rca), and another interface to do the mirroring via wifi, supporting iOS, Android or Windows, but I think this company as the two interfaces available. Then I went to a specialized company here to assemble it. If you have any questions please ask.

Kind regards,

Girba

boukob 04-12-2016 04:28 PM

Are you using the q7 hotshot wifi to do the connection or another wifi done by one of the interface?

Originally Posted by girba (Post 1502944)
You can see my interface working right here

https://www.facebook.com/119892448057807/videos/1026104517436591/

I bought to separate interfaces, one from http://www.navinc.nl which allows to input video into the mmi interface ( hdmi, additional cameras or rca), and another interface to do the mirroring via wifi, supporting iOS, Android or Windows, but I think this company as the two interfaces available. Then I went to a specialized company here to assemble it. If you have any questions please ask.

Kind regards,

Girba

girba 04-12-2016 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by boukob (Post 1502945)
Are you using the q7 hotshot wifi to do the connection or another wifi done by one of the interface?

The interface that I use to do the wifi mirroring was bought in eBay http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-WIFI-Wirelss-MirrorLink-BOX-Android-iOS-Smartphone-DLN-on-Car-radio-/231822942431?txnId=1291693869013

With android I can connect via the wifi of the car but, with iPhone with the 9.3.1 firmware, i have to connect directly to the internal wifi of the interface. If I connect via the car's wifi the image freezes a lot. If you want to use the wifi of the car with iPhone you can connect to the main interface via hdmi wich works perfectly.

ponjalegre 05-12-2016 05:24 PM

Audi Smartphone Interface

I contacted with Spanish Audiclass to ask them if the software updates will be ready in 22th week how they told me in my first contact with them about this affaire. They confirmed that it will be ready for the 22th week and off course i will write here to inform you.

mrol 07-11-2016 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Syro (Post 1501634)
Anyone have any more news on these possible updates or retrofits?
Collected my car somewhere in October and whas hoping the car would be fitted with the Apple carplay/Android Auto system. Belgian dealer and importer have told me that this update will not come (few weeks ago).

So any news or help is welcome!

Anyone have any any update on whether the retrofit is possible? My audi dealer (in UK) still says no....but they aren't always right!

BogdanS 05-26-2017 02:47 AM

Q7 E-tron 2017 bugs

Hi
Audi Q7 E-tron purchased in Italy jan 2017 - still no Android Car implemented.
Lot of bugs in software.
Rear entertainment system is really sh..ty.
Declared electric range:50km. Real: 25-30
Declared diesel consumption: 2.5l/100km. Real: 10l/100km
Active suspension go crazy on low speed.
Remote control limited to doors on/off (cannot even close the windows remotely).
Wifi hot-spot is a joke.
Once gearbox started to change gears by itself. Ive used TechHelp button.
They were not able to help at all. Even do not know VIN of caller and position of the car.
By the way: over 180km/h there is horrible wind noise in doors. Seems to drive with doors not locked correctly. But they are locked.

Shame on Audi.

Previously ive used Q7 MY2011 and im unhapy that ive sold it. It was much better :(

BR
Bogdan_S

Grzech45 07-09-2018 07:23 AM

Hi All,

Recently I spent time with such Q7 (before 1.07.2015) and I miss the Audi Smartphone Interface function - especially Carplay and communication with the car.

Does any of you have any new messages or did you manage to add these functions in any way?

I will be very grateful for the information.

Or maybe you can change the navigating module or another MMI in the car for a new one and then it will work?

greetings

Grzech

zengxin 05-09-2019 09:50 AM

Hello there
Undertake business 233 countries
2012-2019 Porsche central control screen and instrument pcm3.1 pcm4.0 pcm4.1 pcm4.5 pcm.5.0 system
Panamera Macan Cayenne Porsche 718 Porsche 911
5651 navigation system voice changes Navigation map key conversion area Radio station change Activation Android link System firmware update update Soft solution system firmware Online account programming code
2015-2019 Audi central control screen and instrument MIB2 mml3g system
Q7 A5 Q8 A6 A4 A3 R8 TT
Asia Europe Region Africa Region Americas Region South America Oceania Region
5,651 navigation system language changes Navigation map key conversion area Radio station change Activate carplay Android link System firmware update update Soft solution system firmware Online account programming code
Our technology is 65 years old. We can map data transmission through remote control. Please contact me for details. Time 24 hours online reply
Contact; whatsAPP 8613574199392 WeChat; id 13574199392