Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

Q7 2016 Modell & Carplay or Android Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 06:27 AM
1st Gear
Exclamation Q7 2016 Modell & Carplay or Android Car

Hi there,

I've just got my new Q7 2016 modell with Audi connect options and phone box. The first thing I wanted to try out was the carplay function by connecting my iphone 6 plus, unfortunately this didn't work. Everything else works just fine. Anyone has a clue what the problem could be. Note: I also tried to connect my Galaxy S6 edge, but still I don't see the menu to start it. I did remove all the passwords on the phone.

Would be great to hear someone with more experience on this topic!

BR,
LMQ7

Last edited by LMQ7; 08-21-2015 at 03:22 AM.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:32 PM
1st Gear
Default CarPlay Audi q7

Hi,

i have a new q7 with the connected options and i also tried to connect a iphone 6 plus and a Xperia z3 compact and there is no option to activate carplay or android auto. Can we have any help on that?

KR

Girba

Old 08-21-2015, 03:25 AM
1st Gear

Hi, I was dropping by Audi yesterday and they themselves didn't know that this option is not really showing up on the main screen. They claim that during their own training in Germany this was working for them just fine. At the end some of the guys there found out that Audi wrote somewhere that this function will be available by the end of this week, but what they don't know is how? the upgrade will prompt us to upgrade online? or if we have to visit Audi for an MMI upgrade? not yet clear... This is so far what I could find out.

Last edited by LMQ7; 08-22-2015 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:10 AM
1st Gear

Here, in Portugal, the audi dealer explain to me that something will happen in week 35 but they do not know how it would be.
In som vídeos on youtube, i saw an option in the main menu of the MMI, in green, saying "Audi SamrtphoneInterface". This do not appear in my car. It appears in yours?

KG

Girba

Old 08-21-2015, 08:40 AM
1st Gear

Hi!

I know this video and NO nothing appears in my car - as well... Audi guys in Switzerland claimed the same as they also have told you in Portugal! It looks like we would have to be patient to get this update and after this function should become visible for us as well.

Old 08-22-2015, 04:31 PM
1st Gear
Default First batch of Q7 does not come with CP or AA

Hi all,

I spend a lot of time on this issue, test drove 4 Q7s (all TDI 3.0) and never managed to get CarPlay or Android Auto to work. Today was my final visit to sign the contract for my white beauty and I wanted my dealer to show me how CP works in the car I was about to buy. "It does not", he said. Feedback from Ingolstadt was that the first batches from week 23 to week 26 did not get CP or AA installed because the software was not ready yet.

This was a deal breaker to me, so I asked to get confirmation if via OTA update, this can be updated later this year. Even if I have to take the car to the dealership so they can get their laptop hooked up to Q7 mainboard, I would not mind as long as it works. Feedback is outstanding, he will get back in touch with me on Monday when he hears from Audi HQs product manager. I'll share this feedback ASAP.

Any other Q7 you order today will come with CP/AA. But I don't want to wait until Jan 2016, this is the current waiting time. So hopefully it will be able to update. 2015 Audi Q7 review | first local drive: Car Reviews | CarsGuide

This article from Australia says it can't be updated...Let's cross our fingers it does, too.

If not possible, this will kill resell value 3-5 years from now because CP/AA will be like Bluetooth today: Standard.

Old 08-22-2015, 05:43 PM
1st Gear

Hi all,

I can't imagine that a software update won't be possible as there would be no need for any additional hardware, all needed prerequisite are there. The Carplay menu is not appearing, only because it is not yet activated by Audi. For sure, there were still lots of bugs in the software to solve before they activate it for the public.

Another witness example which I found it in Audi Connect proofs that they're not finish yet with their MMI software:

If you want to use all Audi Connect services you have to do following steps below:

- go to your local audi web site /myaudi and create an account there
- Verify your account where then you should get a pdf online tells you that this is the contract between you and Audi with a contract number etc...
- after you've done this, you need to install audi connect app on you smartphone and use the previous credentials on myAudi account to login to your Audi Connect app
- connect your smartphone to your car bluetooth
- start the application audi connect app and be sure that it is connected via bluetooth to your MMI
- Now, Audi claims as follow:

1- after you've prepared what I've wrote up, you need to start Audi Connect in your car show all available services in Audi Connect (do this in the car) and push the right click button on your touch pad
2- search for user management to enter your myAudi username AND the code you've got with your keys **** volks, this menu doesn't show up at all, I can't put in the code which is on the plastic key - all what I can do is to login using MMI to the myAudi account either with myAudi username and password or myAudi PIN and them both connected which is not enough to get all services activated! be aware that myAudi PIN is not the same as the code you've got on your plastic key.

Audi is doing here a miserable job, advertising big for functions which don't work or don't even exist for customers who buy care over 100K dollars! They deliver you a code, request from you to enter it in your MMI but you can't :-(

Anyway, I am excited about what the guy will tell you regarding the update...

Last edited by LMQ7; 08-22-2015 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:30 AM
1st Gear

Hi all,

Bad news to all who bought the new Q7 before 15th of August 2015. I had a long phone call with with Audi Germany today and they told me the following:

1. All Q7 which were ordered before 15.08.2015 have no Smartphone interface
  2. All Q7 which were ordered before 15.08.2015 can't submit the Audi Connect code in their MMI which would be needed for emergency services even you've got the code within your car
  3. For the moment there is no official retrofit from Audi - They also can't say if this will happen in the future.
  4. If you order the new Q7 after 15.08.2015, you need to order the Smartphone interface and the SOS services separate if you would want them.

I am very disappointed about the brand Audi as this is absolutely not acceptable at all and not professional as well. Such kind of important information should be known for all Audi sales man so that they can give the right information further to their customers, this wasn't the case, not because the sales agent has no clue but because of Audi information management which is really very bad!

cheers,
AA

Last edited by LMQ7; 08-25-2015 at 05:40 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:33 PM
1st Gear

Ingolstadt confirmed today to my sales agent that it will not be possible to update the first batch of Q7 to CarPlay or Android Auto. If it's not on board when they come of the belt, it will not be possible to enable it later on.

This is really bad news and I agree, unacceptable for a brand like Audi. They really screwed this up.

Old 08-24-2015, 02:38 PM
1st Gear

Hi! What do you mean with Smartphone interface? Not before the 15.8., this would mean only orders the were recently placed and will be delivered in December earliest will have this SOS feature.

What exactly is missing? You crash and your Q7 does not automatically call 911?

Quick Reply: Q7 2016 Modell & Carplay or Android Car