Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

Q7 2016 Modell & Carplay or Android Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 03:10 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi Smartphone Interface Upgrade

Sorry for my bad English... I´m Spanish...

I´m owner of Audi Q7 ordered in June 2015 and i thought like you that Audi Smartphone Interface was in the car without ask.
When i received the car obviusly i saw that i was wrong and my car didn´t have Audi Smarphone Interface.

I called to Audiclass Spain to ask why, and after 1 month the answered to me that i will could to upgrade in my dealer from the 22 th week in 2016 to get Audi Smartphone Interface.

Maybe the layed to me me but if i can help with the answered all of you to ask your Audi Country Dealer i´m very happy with that....

Old 01-17-2016, 03:43 PM
1st Gear

Much gracias for this information! I really hope this is true. Week 22 is in may so let us know kw as soon as you as an appointment with your dealer for doing the upgrade.
Originally Posted by ponjalegre
Sorry for my bad English... I´m Spanish...

I´m owner of Audi Q7 ordered in June 2015 and i thought like you that Audi Smartphone Interface was in the car without ask.
When i received the car obviusly i saw that i was wrong and my car didn´t have Audi Smarphone Interface.

I called to Audiclass Spain to ask why, and after 1 month the answered to me that i will could to upgrade in my dealer from the 22 th week in 2016 to get Audi Smartphone Interface.

Maybe the layed to me me but if i can help with the answered all of you to ask your Audi Country Dealer i´m very happy with that....

Old 02-03-2016, 02:39 AM
1st Gear

I also have an update on my Q7 order which I placed in November 2015. Like most here, I assumed the technology pack had the smartphone interface. I ordered the car using the UK configurator and gave the code to my dealer here in Andorra where I live. The car is being sourced from Audi France. All a bit complicated due to me not speaking French very well and Andorra being a very small country. A week after ordering the car, the UK configurator introduced the A7A smartphone option unbeknown to me. Having contacted my dealer early December, when I discovered this forum and realised the A7A option had recently been introduced, asking for the option to be added, I was informed I had missed the deadline. I decided contacted Audi Germany.

I am delighted to say that I have just been informed that the option has now been included, though the dealer wished to stress it is highly unusual to add an option so late in the build date. I did inform them that I had recently purchased a new S3 and that I have had several Audis in the past and consider myself a loyal customer. Perhaps that held some sway with those at the top or more likely, I have a feeling that after a certain build date, the A7A option is perhaps a simple upgrade? Maybe a software upgrade? Either way, I must say I am very happy with Audi customer service and hope that they will continue to emphasise customer service as we all know the Volkswagen group have suffered some pretty bad press with the whole emissions scandal, (though one suspects most car makers are fiddling the figures!). All in all, I am now a very happy customer, looking forward to collecting this exceptional car.

Old 03-03-2016, 02:54 PM
1st Gear

Anyone have any more news on these possible updates or retrofits?
Collected my car somewhere in October and whas hoping the car would be fitted with the Apple carplay/Android Auto system. Belgian dealer and importer have told me that this update will not come (few weeks ago).

So any news or help is welcome!

Old 04-12-2016, 02:10 PM
1st Gear

Hi all,

My dealer in Portugal accepted the old Q7 and I bought a new one with the audi smartphone interface. One thing you can do is install a interface that permit mirror by wifi the display of the iPhone to the mmi display. I did it and is more useful than the CarPlay. It permits to use google maps which is better than the original maps app.

Kind regards,

Girba

Old 04-12-2016, 03:08 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by girba
Hi all,

My dealer in Portugal accepted the old Q7 and I bought a new one with the audi smartphone interface. One thing you can do is install a interface that permit mirror by wifi the display of the iPhone to the mmi display. I did it and is more useful than the CarPlay. It permits to use google maps which is better than the original maps app.

Kind regards,

Girba
Girba,

Can you perhaps give me some more info about how to install this mirror?

Old 04-12-2016, 03:19 PM
1st Gear

Yes ! I will also be happy to have more info on this mirror thing. any website ?
thanks

Old 04-12-2016, 04:00 PM
1st Gear

You can see my interface working right here

https://www.facebook.com/119892448057807/videos/1026104517436591/

I bought to separate interfaces, one from http://www.navinc.nl which allows to input video into the mmi interface ( hdmi, additional cameras or rca), and another interface to do the mirroring via wifi, supporting iOS, Android or Windows, but I think this company as the two interfaces available. Then I went to a specialized company here to assemble it. If you have any questions please ask.

Kind regards,

Girba

Old 04-12-2016, 04:28 PM
1st Gear

Are you using the q7 hotshot wifi to do the connection or another wifi done by one of the interface?

Originally Posted by girba
You can see my interface working right here

https://www.facebook.com/119892448057807/videos/1026104517436591/

I bought to separate interfaces, one from http://www.navinc.nl which allows to input video into the mmi interface ( hdmi, additional cameras or rca), and another interface to do the mirroring via wifi, supporting iOS, Android or Windows, but I think this company as the two interfaces available. Then I went to a specialized company here to assemble it. If you have any questions please ask.

Kind regards,

Girba

Old 04-12-2016, 05:29 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by boukob
Are you using the q7 hotshot wifi to do the connection or another wifi done by one of the interface?
The interface that I use to do the wifi mirroring was bought in eBay http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-WIFI-Wirelss-MirrorLink-BOX-Android-iOS-Smartphone-DLN-on-Car-radio-/231822942431?txnId=1291693869013

With android I can connect via the wifi of the car but, with iPhone with the 9.3.1 firmware, i have to connect directly to the internal wifi of the interface. If I connect via the car's wifi the image freezes a lot. If you want to use the wifi of the car with iPhone you can connect to the main interface via hdmi wich works perfectly.

Quick Reply: Q7 2016 Modell & Carplay or Android Car