Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

Q7 wet footwell (driver side) UK

Old 01-03-2011, 04:24 PM
1st Gear
Default Q7 wet footwell (driver side) UK

Hi there ,
Over the past 3-4 weeks I have noticed the footwell in my 7 has become saturated ?? I put it down to the snow we have had and the melt from getting in and out of the car , after drying the mats and carpet the problem appeared to have disappeared until I washed the car on Saturday and guess what ?? the leak is back !!!!
Has anybody got any clues ????? Im worried the electronics under the drivers seat may become soaked !!!

Old 01-23-2011, 03:45 PM
1st Gear
Default wet footwell Q7

I was driving through a lot of wet snow and slush a couple days ago.. anyway yesterday I decided to clean the rubber mats, when i removed the drivers mat the carpet was completely soaked under the mat. I going to keep my eye on that..

Old 02-11-2011, 02:14 AM
1st Gear
Default leaking audi

i was researching on audi q7, as i was considering purchasing one. came across the site leakingaudi.com . check it out, as it seems like you both are experiencing the same issues.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:04 PM
1st Gear

Hi Keithmas,

I had the same problem last spring. I was in a heavy rain storm and water started coming in to the passenger foot well (Q7 U.S. version but same side as your UK version). I called the dealership and they were able to fix the problem quickly. Essentially, the water collection tray from the drain on the windshield was overflowing because it was clogged with tree debris (leaves, gunk, etc.). I park on the street, so they had to clean out the drain and it has worked flawlessly since. You might be facing a similar issue, so give the dealership a call. Hope that helps!

Old 01-17-2013, 11:40 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by keithmas@aoll.com
Hi there ,
Over the past 3-4 weeks I have noticed the footwell in my 7 has become saturated ?? I put it down to the snow we have had and the melt from getting in and out of the car , after drying the mats and carpet the problem appeared to have disappeared until I washed the car on Saturday and guess what ?? the leak is back !!!!
Has anybody got any clues ????? Im worried the electronics under the drivers seat may become soaked !!!
I had the same problem with my Q7. I took it to the dealer. Its a drain behind the footwell for the AC that wasn't aligned with the drain hole which caused the floor to get wet. I don't know if the drain is for both the AC and the sunroof, but they charged around $100-$110 to fix it.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:05 PM
1st Gear

Also, if you have a panoramic sunroof/moonroof, the drain holes can get blocked, and water enters into the footwell due to a leak from a join in the drain pipes which run down the A-pillars.

You can remove the wheels and undo screws that hold the wheel arch cover. This allows the cover to be pulled away from the body in the wheel well where you can see a black rubber drain outlet. This can be pulled off and debris removed from the the hole which stops water from draining out.

You can then get a hose and hold it over the sunroof to flush the drains.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:47 AM
1st Gear

This problem is very well known and may cause catastrophic problems you can search www.audiworld.com for this

Old 07-16-2014, 06:49 AM
1st Gear

had this problem in my allroad, removed battery and battery tray, blocked drain under this , got rid of plug problem gone with the water. Killed my allroad dead fried the transmission ecu. Bet it is in the same place.