Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

'02 100K Roadster Resurrection

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 07:57 AM
1st Gear
Default '02 100K Roadster Resurrection

Off today to pick up the TT, Green over green over green. Back window loose for the last two years, water in floorboards and dead battery.
Disassemble, clean and dry. Car is straight, well maintained until it began to go crazy.
CCM and other modules/cluster/switches likely toast. I will post with progress,
Cheers!

Old 01-02-2019, 07:58 PM
1st Gear

Long day, removed trunk stuff/liners, seats, console and carpet. Removed as much water as possible with a shop vac, wiped the rest.
Dehumidifier is next step to clean the interior. Battery checked DOA, new battery installed but not hooked up yet. Fuse center pulled and
sprayed with terminal cleaner, all fuses checked. Finally found the CCM, disconnected and removed from case.
Evidence of corrosion on lower connector and pins, cleaned with terminal cleaner and soft-pads cut in tiny pieces with hemostats to clean pins.
Reinstalled, battery connected and system powered up.
Initial results: radio in 'safe' mode, would not unlock.
Cluster no pixels, gauges dead, some lights on.
Engine starts but shuts down 2-3 seconds.

Pulled fuse 11, 15 and checked again/reinstalled. Chiming from cluster, fuel/temp began working. Fired engine, ran well and all lights off in cluster.
Ragtop/window functions work as designed. Digital display has pixel issue, due for sendout/repair. Hvac system working as designed. Windscreen has
blown belt/maybe drive screw issues. Radio accepted code after an hour being powered up, sounds fairly good for a small system and CD player still works

So after the day, fairly surprised, no major issues. A couple of bulbs, and a major cleaning of everything due. Need to decide on a new top or hack the back window
with a sewn in plastic (probably not!). Thinking black over the green, or stick with the green? Opinions?

More as I go, pics when I'm authorized. Cheers!

Old 01-03-2019, 08:57 PM
1st Gear
Default Cluster and more

Cluster display wonky, surprise. Ordered new display. Replaced 2 bulbs, found the broken belt for the windscreen.
Another not surprise. Disc changer also dead. Decided on black top, looking at timing belt condition tomorrow
as I have no history on the maintenance. Cheers!

Old 01-13-2019, 08:48 PM
1st Gear

Ever wondered what's behind your seat?

Old 01-13-2019, 08:49 PM
1st Gear

And behind your dash?

An unhappy alien.....

Old 01-21-2019, 10:21 AM
1st Gear

Good job, im on the same boat too, mine is still apart because im replacing the whole sound system, i got the canvas replaced for a new one, paid $650 for it, installed myself, no too bad, the soft top closes with the switch but it wont open, think that the module is bad.

Old 01-21-2019, 11:35 AM
1st Gear

Thanks, have the top for mine but yet to install. My switch was full of soda or coffee, knackered. Took it apart and cleaned, now the top
works both directions. Replaced most of the interior last two days, dyed the carpet black.
CD changer was dead, took it out, now the in dash single changer dead, fighting with that issue. It sounded excellent before it decided to
take a shyte, have a parts radio so I will see what happens.
Trunk back together, cluster in, windscreen belt replaced. Center console shattered when removed, found a black replacement on ebay.

Old 01-21-2019, 11:37 AM
1st Gear

from what I've seen the top connections at the rear bar are the most difficult. Is it possible to remove the rear bar
completely out and secure the back top flange?

Old 01-21-2019, 01:46 PM
1st Gear

You can remove the bars taking off the 6mm torx screws behind the back seats. Behind the driver side on the sift top storage area underneath the black cover, there is the sunroof motor and relays but it is also controlled by the body control module, which is also located somewhere on that area. If you wanna keep all the factory stuff i still have all mine and i can sell to you cheap, radio, cd changer and navi.
I just trashed one center console, it was cracked but complete, i got the shifter replaced because of excessive play, got all control arms and sway bar links replaced, coil overs installed, timing belt, thermostat and water pump done, my heater didnt work and i got the dash removed and blender doors fixed, and bunche other things that just slips out of my mind.

Old 01-21-2019, 04:14 PM
1st Gear

Might take you up on the audio stuff. I'll PM you.

Quick Reply: '02 100K Roadster Resurrection